January 10, 2019
We are looking for presenters for Summer Institute 2019! The dates are July 29 – August 2, 2019.
NCOD is committed to offering fresh and exciting professional development opportunities for interpreters and interpreting students throughout Southern California and beyond. NCOD also promotes participation in leadership opportunities to advance the profession and to improve services. As a presenter, you can be a vital part of that effort.
We encourage proposals for all skill levels. Presentations are sought on all topics related to the field, such as culture, entrepreneurship, professionalism, diversity, oppression, etc. Presentations should be amenable to large groups (up to 100 participants) and must be three hours in length. You will be able to choose a 9 am - 12 noon or 1:30 - 4:30 pm workshop time slot.
NCOD also supports and encourages presenters who are interested in presenting for the first time. If you know someone you think would be a great presenter, please pass this along. Presenters are compensated a flat, three-hour presenter rate and will have to complete the required RID CEU paperwork that will be provided.
To be considered, please submit the following information to Shawn Clark via email@example.com by January 28, 2019:
1. Your full name and credentials.
2. Tentative workshop title.
3. A few sentences about your workshop.
Things to know:
- Single Presenters will be paid $300.
- Two Presenters co-presenting will be paid $200 each for a total of $400.
- Presenters traveling more than 50 miles round trip to CSUN will be reimbursed mileage.
- Out of state Presenters will be reimbursed travel expenses up to $600 and provided up to 2 nights accommodations.
- Presenters can present in either ASL or English.
**Remember, the deadline to submit is January 28, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Shawn Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 677-2054. Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.