To ensure your success, advisement is highly suggested prior to registration for all incoming transfer students. Transfer Advisement Workshops for Fall 2021 Transfer students will begin April 2021. Advisement is currently being offered virtually and most transfer advisement sessions will be provided through Zoom.
Please set up and check your CSUN Gmail account often, as we will send you an email with details on how to set up your appointment. Starting March 29th, you may also call our office if you need assistance to sign up for your Transfer Advisement Workshop.
Topics covered during advisement:
- University and college degree policies, procedures, and requirements
- Course requirements and pre-requisites
- How to read and understand your Degree Progress Report (DPR)
- Questions and Answers
What should I do BEFORE my advisement session?
- Review the Undergraduate Studies First Time Transfer Checklist
- View the Transfer Tips (in first drop-down menu below)
- Access the Nazarian College Transfer Overview PowerPoint to start learning about requirements and resources prior to your Transfer Advisement Workshop
- Your Degree Progress Report (DPR) will not be accurate until your final transcripts have been received and officially evaluated by Admissions and Records. Without an accurate DPR, it can be difficult for CSUN advisors to advise you. To facilitate advisement, it is recommended that students have access to an unofficial copy of their transcripts for an informal review of their previous coursework.