300-Level Business Core Registration Assistance
The Associate Dean’s office is able to provide registration assistance for the following courses below (through a permission code to enroll):
To receive registration assistance for any of these courses, students must meet one of the following criteria listed below:
- Student has completed the lower division business core requirements (and reflects on their DPR), but are receiving an error message when trying to add an open section (on or after their registration appointment).
- Student is currently in-progress of their final lower division business core requirements at a community college.
1) Please confirm if you have either completed all or are currently enrolled in and on track to complete the final lower division business core requirements, shown below:
ACCT 220 - Introduction to Financial Accounting
ACCT 230 - Introduction to Managerial Accounting
BLAW 280 - Business Law I
ECON 160 - Principles of Microeconomics
ECON 161 - Principles of Macroeconomics
ENGL 205 - Business Communication in its Rhetorical Contexts
IS 212 - Information Systems for Business Users
MATH 103 - Mathematical Methods for Business (Grade of C or higher required)
SOM 120 - Basic Business Statistics (or MATH 140)
NOTE: If taken at a Community College, the above prerequisite courses require a grade of C or higher.
Please verify equivalencies of these courses if taken at a community college: www.assist.org (Links to an external site.)
2) Please click on the appropriate survey link below to make your request for UD Business Core classes.
NOTE: On the survey, you will be asked to select an available BUS 302 section. Once enrolled, you cannot switch sections without dropping all of your other 300 - Level Core Courses. We cannot guarantee your enrollment in any of the dropped courses.
Please log-in using your myNorthridge Portal Username and Password
3) After submitting your request and confirming your eligibility, you will receive a permission number to add the class. Permission numbers will only be valid for 24 hours after sent to your CSUN email address. Please check your email often!
- Directions for using a permission number are available on the Admissions and Records website www.csun.edu/anr/soc/guides/permission.htmlLinks to an external site.
- Please observe the payment deadline established by Cash Services, as additional permission numbers will not be issued if you are dropped for non-payment.
4) Lastly, proof of final grades (C or higher) will be required for those who are currently in-progress of final pre-requisites at a community college. Unofficial transcripts will need to be sent to prior to the deadline and official transcripts will need to be sent to CSUN Admissions for official processing.
- If a verified grade is not provided, you will be dropped from the course(s) by the second Friday of the semester. No exceptions and no readmits to the course(s) until grades are transferred to CSUN. Once transferred, you will then be able to enroll in the course(s) in the next semester.