Gala Concerto Finale
Concertos by Liszt, Scriabin, Rimsky-Korsakov & Lyapunov performed by:
- Yuan Sheng, International Concert Artist / Professor, Beijing Central Conservatory
- Daniel Glover, Sand Francisco based International Soloist
- Ksenia Nosikova, Performing Artist / Moscow Conservatory Graduate / Professor, University of Iowa
- Peter Klimo, Silver Medalist International Competition Utrecht / Graduate of Eastman and Yale
Prelude Performance by the CSUN Wind Ensemble / Lawrence Stoffel, conductor
Festival Orchestra featuring the Thousand Oaks Philharmonic / John Roscigno, music director/conductor
Sunday, June 5 at 3 PM
Great Hall of the Valley Performing Arts Center
FIVE REASONS TO ATTEND
- This gala will be held in the magnificent, state of the art Valley Performing Arts Center (VPAC). Comfortable seats, perfect acoustics, and concessions during intermission ensure enjoyment at every performance.
- Don’t miss this chance to hear Peter Klimo, prizewinner in the 10th International Franz Liszt Piano Competition in Utrecht.
- In addition to the dreamy and lyrical Liszt A Major Piano concerto, you’ll get to hear three rarely performed Russian concerto gems. There will be colorful Rimsky-Korsakov, impassioned Scriabin, and folk-inspired Lyapunov.
- This event is part of the 52nd annual American Liszt Society Festival, and many high profile music professionals will be present in the audience. This is an excellent opportunity to meet at least several different high profile guest artists before, during intermission, or after the concert.
- Now through Memorial Day at midnight, you can save 15% off the $25 ticket price by purchasing through Ticketmaster!