• EOP Slide

Welcome to the MCCAMC Student Resource Center & EOP Satellite. On the pages below you will find the following: the First-Time Transfer Checklist (FTT), the Pre-Advisement Information Checklist, and the First-time Transfer Advisement Schedule. Please read this information carefully to be better prepared as these are important topics that will be discussed in the Advisement Session. Then review the advisement appointment information on the last page and contact the appropriate office to set your appointment

First-Time Transfer Checklist

Registration for the Fall 2020 semester for all eligible students begins on Monday, June 8, 2020 (based on registration date). The goal is to complete 30 units per year to graduate on time. Following these steps will make your first semester at CSUN a rewarding one: 

  •  As an Upper Division First Time Transfer (60 units) for the Fall 2020 semester, you are eligible to enroll at CSUN only if you have already completed an appropriate General Education Transfer course in all four of the following: GE Writing, Critical Thinking, Mathematics, and Oral Communication each with a grade of C or better. 
  • You must submit your Intent to Register electronically as soon as you are admitted. Log into myNorthridge from the CSUN home page with your CSUN User ID and Password. Click the Home tab, locate the My Checklist box and in the Status section, click Intent to Register.
  • You must submit your final transcripts to CSUN’s Office of Admissions and Records as soon as your Spring 2020 grades are posted (see Admissions web for updates). This final transcript must show that all of the minimum requirements for transfer admission have been met.
  • The 2020-2021 University Catalog will be available online at the following: This resource as well as the Fall 2020 Semester Schedule of Classes are also available online through the myNorthridge Portal or through the “Class Search” link on the CSUN home page.
  • Due to the amount of information involved, be prepared for an hour or so advisement appointment.
  • Make a list of questions about your major, General Education, financial aid, housing, etc. so that you can ask the advisor during your appointment.
  • Log in to the myNorthridge Web Portal at on a weekly basis as e-mail is the primary source of communication for the campus. You will be using the Portal for a variety of important information (including but not limited to accessing your academic records, viewing your financial aid, and checking for campus updates).
  • If you are a Music Major, please have your Music Acceptance Letter handy and any Music Placement test results (if taken) indicating music course requirements for Fall 2020. If you have not yet auditioned, contact the Music Department via Nicole Hovland at
  • Refer to the following website for updated information on possible New Student Orientation sessions: This is not to be confused with your advisement and registration session.
  • Spring 2021 weekday classes begin January 25, 2021. Sat, January 30, Sunday-only classes begin January 31, 2021.

Pre-Advisement Information Checklist

Degree Progress Report (DPR) And Planner

The Degree Progress Report shows students how the courses they have already completed are being used to meet specific requirements towards completion of their bachelor’s degree at CSUN. For areas or requirements that are still unsatisfied, the DPR will also display a list of CSUN courses that could be used to meet each unmet requirement. Ultimately then, the DPR surveys all of the eight requirements to graduate and evaluates a student’s progress towards completion of the following: 

  1. GE Program Requirements and Coursework 
  2. Title V Requirements and Coursework 
  3. Major Requirements and Coursework
  4. Units Minimum Requirements
  5. Grade Point Averages
  6. Residence Requirements
  7. Writing Skills Requirements
  8. Approval of Faculty (Filing for Graduation) – will show once a student has filed and been evaluated by the graduation evaluations office at CSUN.

The DPR system reviews courses for placement into CSUN requirements based on a variety of acceptance criteria. The most notable of these are: current and previous articulation agreements, GE certification program requirements and coursework from participating California institutions, and previously accepted course information from appropriately accredited 2-year and 4-year institutions nationwide. The report will show the course that is being used to satisfy a requirement in the following manner:

EOP course articulation graph

 It is important to note that the DPR is an unofficial document which is highly reliable if read correctly but should never be assumed to be a ‘perfect’ reflection of a student’s current status and degree progress. Students and others must be mindful of the possible problems and exceptions inherent within the system – e.g. incomplete transcript record, transcripts received but not fully evaluated, departmentally approved changes to graduation requirements that have not been noted and other similar issues.

The DPR is available to students in two formats at CSUN - a printed (or .pdf) version and also an interactive version (html). Both give the same information but they are formatted somewhat differently. It is advisable for students to become familiar with both versions. All students have regular access to the information contained within their Degree Progress Report through the Web Portal. For information on how to access and use the DPR and Planner through your portal see the following link:

In the future, when you are nearing graduation, you will need to file for graduation. This process requires you to submit a completed Application for Graduation form as well as a DPR and Planner showing the courses you intend to enroll in to complete your remaining degree requirements. Information on how to use the Degree Planner to plan enrollment in future semesters is also available through the link shown above.

Registration and Add/Drop Policies and Deadlines

As an incoming transfer, you will receive a Registration Access Mailer (RAM) which will indicate when your priority registration period begins. You will be able to access the myNorthridge Portal for registration at any time once your priority period begins. However, beginning on the first day of the semester the university permits a student to change their schedule only under certain conditions (please see Add/Drop Policies below).

Before you attempt to register each semester, there are a few steps you should follow to ensure that your registration will go smoothly:

  • access your Portal account to determine if there are any registration holds preventing you from enrolling during your priority period. There are a variety of holds you could encounter: advisement holds, health center holds, holds related to missing documents, etc.,
  • the MCCAMC Advisement Grid: to determine where you should receive advisement for the next term, 
  • review your Degree Progress Report and the upcoming Semester Schedule of Classes to begin building a possible course enrollment list for the next term, 
  • make sure that your tuition will be paid by the deadline (either verify any financial aid you may be receiving through the Portal or determine how you will come up with the money).

Add/Drop Policies

Students are only eligible to adjust their schedule (add classes, drop classes, or change the basis of grading) through the end of the third week of the semester. During this period, you need to use the myNorthridge Portal to make the change. Note: if you are trying to add during first 3 weeks, you will need Permission #’s to enroll in a course. Always verify that the change has gone through by printing out and carefully reviewing your new schedule. Do not assume any change has occurred simply because you have entered information into the Portal. It is the student’s responsibility to verify correct enrollment each semester and to complete all courses they are enrolled in. Students are not automatically dropped from classes they are not attending. Failure to attend or complete a class you are enrolled in will result in a grade of “WU” which counts as “F” in the GPA.

Attempting to add or drop courses after the third week requires additional approvals and a justifiable reason to attempt the change. Be aware, in most cases you will not receive approval for attempted schedule changes after the third week.

* For additional information – see the 2020-2021 University Catalog.

Grades and Other GPA Issues

For many, grades can be seen as one measure of a student’s success in a particular class. Most students expect to receive good grades, although not all students do. In a university, good grades don’t just happen – students have to earn them. Below are some steps you can take to assist you in your efforts to earn good grades:

  • Read and use the syllabus of each class. 
  • Track your test and assignment due dates on a semester calendar.
  • Track your grade in each class.
  • Meet with your instructors whenever you have questions that aren’t answered in class.
  • Attend classes every day. 
  • Study for each class regularly and often - plan on spending anywhere from 20 hours or more a week outside of class studying or preparing for your classes (at least 2-3 hours per class hour).

Some Policies related to grades and GPA:

Credit/No Credit Coursework: Courses that are taken on a CR/NC basis of grading are not calculated into the GPA – only graded courses are used. BUT you need to remember that all courses that are used to meet GE and any course taken within the department of the major must be enrolled in on a grade basis, i.e. cannot be taken CR/NC, unless the catalog states otherwise. A maximum of 18 units of CR/NC coursework can be taken in the degree. (See 2020-2021 University Catalog).

Undergraduate Repeat Policy: Students are allowed to repeat up to 16 units of coursework for the purpose of enhancing the grade. The better of the first two grades will be used to calculate the GPA and the lesser grade will be ‘forgiven.’ However, both grades will appear on official transcripts. Students are allowed to repeat only if they have received a grade of C- or less in their first attempt and are not permitted to enroll in a repeat course until the approved repeat enrollment date for that semester. Students are not permitted to enroll in a class for a 3rd time without the written consent of the Associate Dean of the major. All attempts beyond the first will be calculated into the GPA. Courses taken at other schools cannot be repeated at CSUN to enhance the grade. Courses taken at CSUN cannot be repeated at other schools to enhance the grade. (See 2020-2021 University Catalog)

Policy on Incomplete Grades: Students may request a grade of “I” or Incomplete only if they have satisfied a substantial portion of a course but due to unforeseen and fully justified reasons they were unable to complete the course by the end of the semester. The work that is incomplete normally should be of such a nature that it can be completed independently by the student for later evaluation by the instructor. An incomplete shall not be assigned when a student would be required to attend a major portion of the class when it is next offered. A final grade is assigned when the work agreed upon has been completed and evaluated. Students should not re-enroll in any course in which they have received an incomplete.

Unless an approved “Request for Extension of Time to Remove Incomplete” form has been filed with Admissions and Records, an “I” must normally be made up within one calendar year immediately following the end of the term during which it was assigned. This limitation prevails whether or not the student maintains continuous enrollment.

An incomplete will be counted as equivalent to an F (or an NC if applicable) for grade point average computation under the following conditions:

  • If a student fails to complete the assigned work within one calendar year. 
  • If an undergraduate student re-enrolls in the course before making up the work during the calendar year.

GPA and Graduation: In order to graduate you will need to have certain GPA’s at 2.0 or higher. These are:

  • CSUN GPA: all graded courses you enroll in at CSUN goes into this
  • CUM or Total GPA: all CSUN courses plus all courses taken at another college and transferred to CSUN goes into this
  • Major GPA: all upper division courses used to complete the major goes into this
  • Minor GPA: all upper division courses used to complete the minor goes into this. A student is not required to do a minor. This GPA is calculated only if the student has added into and intends to complete a minor before graduation. Probation and Disqualification: If either your CSUN or your CUM GPA falls below 2.0 you are automatically placed on probation. A student on probation is allowed to enroll in no more that 13 units in any semester they are on probation. 

Disqualification means dismissal from the university (no longer eligible to enroll as a matriculating student). Students on probation will be disqualified when:

  • Freshman (0-29 total units earned): CSUN or Cumulative GPA falls below 1.50
  • Sophomore (30-59 total units earned): CSUN or Cumulative GPA falls below 1.70
  • Junior (60-89 total units earned): CSUN or Cumulative GPA falls below 1.85
  • Senior (90 or more total units): CSUN or Cumulative GPA or overall falls below 1.95

Effective Spring 2009: Any student who falls below a 1.0 cumulative GPA at the conclusion of a semester will be disqualified immediately without first being placed on probation. This policy does not apply to first time freshmen who fall below 1.0 in their first semester only. All subsequent semesters, all students are subject to this policy. 

* For more information, please refer to the 2020-2021 University Catalog

 Student Conduct Code

Students and applicants for admission who do not abide by the policies on conduct are subject to discipline as provided by the Educational Code. This discipline could include any of the following: expulsion, suspension, administrative probation, or a lesser sanction as dictated by campus authority. Whenever it appears that there has been a Student Conduct Code violation, a complaint will be filed with the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs for investigation.

Academic Dishonesty

In order to preserve the integrity and quality of the educational process, students must adhere to a level of honesty that prohibits them from participating in any form of academic dishonesty, such as cheating, fabrication of information, or plagiarism. It is the responsibility of the faculty to evaluate student performance and to ‘make reasonable efforts to guarantee that work is done by the student who is to receive credit for its completion’. If a faculty member determines that a student has in some way been academically dishonest then it is up to the faculty member to determine the appropriate penalty to be imposed on the student. The faculty member may:

  1. Assign a lower grade for the assignment, exam, or the entire course.
  2. Request that the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs send a letter to the student notifying them that the university is aware of the student’s infraction but will not take action.
  3. Request disciplinary action against the student through the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs. If requested, this can be a lengthy process that also requires the Department Chair and or Dean of the course to submit a formal request and written report of the offense. The incident will then be investigated and an appropriate action taken.
    • Cheating: Intentionally using or attempting to use unauthorized materials, information, or study aids in any academic exercise.
    • Fabrication: Intentional falsification or invention of any information or citation in an academic exercise.
    • Plagiarism: Intentionally or knowingly representing the words, ideas, or work of another as one’s own in any academic exercise. 

* For additional information, please refer to the 2020-2021 University Catalog

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

This federal act deals with the privacy of student records and the rights granted to students regarding their educational records. Under this act, an educational or student record is any record containing personally identifiable information that is directly related to a student and maintained by the University or its agents.

Except as permitted by the Act, the University will not disclose student educational records without the consent of the student.

What does FERPA seek to ensure?

  1. that all students have access to their records,
  2. that students have an opportunity to challenge the content of their records,
  3. that the university will obtain consent prior to the disclosure of certain student records to third parties,
  4. that students will be informed of their FERPA rights.

Policy: FERPA vests parents with certain rights concerning student records. These rights transfer to students upon reaching the age of 18 or upon enrolling at a post-secondary institution.

* Additional information related to FERPA can be found in the 2020-2021 University Catalog.

Graduation Plans 

Students are able to access a Graduation Plan through the web which will enumerate the requirements needed to complete a particular major option/program. These sample plans are intended to show how the courses needed for the major, GE and other requirements can be organized into a multiple semester sequence. It is important to note that these plans offer only one of the many ways a student could organize coursework to complete their degree. These sample plans are not intended to replace advisement and should be used in conjunction with both the University Catalog, the semester Schedule of Classes and your Degree Progress Report.

Students in the Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communication will find these plans at the following address: Most departments within the MCCAMC offer various options/programs within the major. Students may view these options through the list under the major department name within the above listed web address.

It is recommended that you review as many of these plans as needed to determine which option you are intending to complete. The major options/programs will be discussed with you at your advisement session.

For transfer students, the Sample 4-Year Plan shows all course requirements to graduate. However, your transfer course history will complete a number of these requirements as indicated through your Degree Progress Report. Therefore, the time to complete your degree should be approximately 2 years. However, this will be determined by the number of classes you still need and the number of units you complete each semester. The goal is to complete 30 units per year to graduate on time.


Download Student Acknowledgement Signature Form (.pdf)  

Bring this signed form to your advisement session


Fall 2020: First-time Transfer Advisement Appointments

The Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communication is composed of the following six major departments: Art, Cinema and Television Arts, Communication Studies, Journalism, Music, and Theatre. The college has made arrangements to have faculty and/or staff available to meet the advisement needs of students transferring into one of our programs for the Fall 2020 semester. The location of available advisement will be based on your major department affiliation. Please refer to the following table to determine the correct office through which your advisement should be scheduled.

As a transfer student into our college, we request that you wait until you receive the advisement communication from our office, the MCCAMC Student Resource Center & EOP Satellite, before contacting the office listed below. It is anticipated that transfer students will be able to contact the appropriate advisement office at the beginning of May to make arrangements in scheduling their initial advisement appointment.

Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) Students: If you have been admitted to CSUN for Fall 2020 as an EOP student, you may contact your department (see contact information below) or your EOP Satellite at or 818-677-2024 to schedule an advisement appointment - the Satellite advisors work closely with your major department to provide advisement and all other support services.

International Students (F-1Visa): If you have been admitted to CSUN for the Fall 2020 semester as an International Student, your first semester advisement and registration will be provided via email with instructions from an academic advisor directing you to complete the Online Pre-Enrollment Workshop. However, if you wish to meet with an International Academic Advisor after completing the workshop, call at (818) 677-6968 or email ( to schedule an appointment.

Student Athletes: If you have been admitted to CSUN for the Fall 2020 semester as an athlete, your first semester advisement and registration assistance will be provided between the Matador Achievement Center for Student Athletes (Ms. Lindsey Schantz and her staff) and our college advising Center. Students will receive a welcome email on the advisement and registration process from

NOTE: In accordance with guidance from public health officials, the Governor and the CSU system to combat the spread of COVID-19, the staff and faculty are working remotely. Therefore, the advisement session will be conducted via Zoom, phone or email (if phone, it may be from a blocked #). To assist you and respond on a timely manner, please make sure to include your full name, CSUN ID #, phone #, preferred method for the session and best dates and times for the appointment. Most staff are working Monday through Friday from 8-5. If you need special accommodations, please indicate this in the email.

For COMS, Music and Theatre appointments, use appointment link instead of sending an email to the department advisor.

Major DepartmentStaff AdvisorEmail

David Del Mundo

To schedule an appointment, use this link:

Nicole Hovland

To schedule an appointment, use this link:
THEATREDavid Del Mundo
To schedule an appointment, use this link: