Opera by George Bizet. Libretto by Henri Meilhac and Ludovic Halevy.
Captivating and capricious, this re-envisioned Carmen fills the stage with contemporary Mexican heat and passion. Called a “hit parade of opera's most intoxicating melodies", this riveting tale of love and jealousy was Bizet's final work, breaking barriers and paving the way for a whole, new realistic form of opera. Directed by Maurice Godin, Musical director John Roscigno.
Great Hall of the Valley Performing Arts Center (Parking in Zelzah Ave's parking structure G-3, $6)
- Friday evening, Oct 31, 2014 - 7:30 pm
- Saturday matinee, Nov 1, 2014 - 2 pm
- Saturday evening, Nov 1, 2104 - 7:30 pm
- Sunday matinee, November 2, 2014 - 2:00pm
House opens at 7pm (Sat/Sunday matinees at 1:30pm)
NO LATE SEATING past curtain time 7:30pm (Sat/Sunday matinees at 2pm)
Sung in the original French, with English super-titles.
Ticket Info (818) 677-3000
- General $25 (+ $2 VPAC facility fee)
- Seniors $23 (+$2 VPAC facility fee)
- Fac/Staff $21 (+ $2 VPAC facility fee)
- Students $15 (+ $2 VPAC facility fee)
For more information, visit /mike-curb-arts-media-communication/theatre/urinetown