Welcome to the Transfer Student Page (for admitted transfer students)
To ensure your success, advisement is important prior to registration. To begin the advisement process, please call 818-677-2853 to meet with an advisor.
Topics covered during advisement:
- University and college degree policies, procedures, and requirements
- Course requirements and pre-requisites
- How to read and understand your Degree Progress Report (DPR)
- Questions and Answers
What should I do BEFORE my advisement session?
Review the Undergraduate Studies First Time Transfer Checklist.
- If you have not submitted all transcripts from the community college(s) and/or universities you have attended, please do so as soon as possible.
Your Degree Progress Report (DPR) will not be accurate until your transcripts have been received and officially evaluated by Admissions and Records. Without an accurate DPR, it may be difficult for CSUN advisors to provide you with the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding your true status on campus.
To facilitate advisement and support your career aspirations, it is recommended that students meet their Academic Career Coach in the COMS Department to get an idea of what courses would benefit you the most in the major.
- To sign up with a career coach, register for your Department profile by clicking the link below, confirming your email, going to your profile and clicking schedule and appointment under the label faculty office hours. Find a career coach and make an appointment to meet with them.