University Catalog 2017-2018 (8.11.2017)
CTVA 329A-C. Program Production (1-3)
Prerequisite: Instructor consent. CTVA 230 is required for all students working at KCSN. Principles of management, programming and production with practical application. Students must work at least 3 hours a week for 1 unit. Maximum of 6 units allowable. (Credit/No Credit only)
Policies and Procedures
As of July 1, 2011 federal law (Title 34, Code of Federal Regulations, sections 600.2 and 600.4) requires all accredited institutions to comply with the federal definition of the credit hour. For all CSU degree programs and courses bearing academic credit, the "credit hour" is defined as "the amount of work represented in intended learning outcomes and verified by evidence of student achievement that is an institutionally established equivalence that reasonably approximates not less than:
- One hour of classroom or direct faculty instruction and minimum of two hours of out-of-class students work each week fo approximately 15 weeks for one semester or trimester hour of credit, or 10 to 12 weeks for one quarter hour of credit, or the equivalent amount of work over a different amount of time; or
- At least an equivalent amount of work as required in paragraph (1) of this definition for other academic activities as established by the institution, including laboratory work, internships, practice, studio work, and other academic work leading to the award of credit hours.
329A 1 unit = 3 hours per week = 45 hours
329B 2 units = 6 hours per week = 90 hours
329C 3 units = 9 hours per week = 135 hours
- Students must bring the signed Supervision Course Form to the CTVA Office - MZ 195.
- Students will then register for the course through the CSUN Portal.
- All tasks are to be performed in a timely and professional manner.
- Credit will based on attendance and active participation
- To fulfill required hours, the student may combine hours with other authorized Senior Theses Projects and/or other 329 Assignments.
- Each Senior Thesis Project/329 Assignment should be logged onto a separate Senior Project Log Sheet and /or Hourly Log Sheet.
- 329C cannot be taken twice in one semester
- To receive Credit, the student must bring the completed and signed Senior Thesis Project Log Sheets and /or Hourly Log Sheets to the CTVE Office - MZ 195 on the last day of regularly scheduled instruction.
- PA for CTVA Production Classes
- Equipment Room
- Armer Theatre
- Script Library
- CTVA Office/Engineering Department
- PA for Film/TV Production Senior Thesis Project
- Other / Special Assignment