AVA DUVERNAY & THE CITY OF L.A.'S
EVOLVE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Accepting Resumes for Fall Internships!
Are you a student looking for internships in Entertainment Arts?
We’ve partnered with the EVOLVE fund created by Ava Duvernay and the City of L.A. to be a pipeline for diverse talent into the entertainment industry.
Students must be 18-24 year old, live in the city of Los Angeles (proper) and come from a low income household. Application must be submitted through The CSUEA.
**These criteria must be strictly adhered to to be considered.
The goal of the CTVA Internship Program is to instill in students the knowledge, expertise, and creative skills that will allow them to pursue their goals in digital media, cinema, television, screenwriting, management and radio. The CTVA Internship Program promotes the critical, analytical, creative, ethical, and conceptual thinking that will enrich the students’ professional career paths.
Many internships are non-paid positions although virtually all the major studios, networks and production companies offer paid internships.
To be qualified for a CTVA internship in Summer or Fall 2017 [CTVA 494A/B (3 units) or CTVA 494C/D (6 units)] a CTVA undergraduate student:
- Must be a senior (have 80+ units)
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must have completed the required lower division CTVA major courses
- Must be in a CTVA major area of emphasis
The internship course for CTVA graduate students is CTVA 694A/B (3 units).
Most internships are designed for three units (135 hours of work minimum).
A six-unit internship requires virtually full-time work for a minimum of 270 hours for the semester.
A student may take a maximum of six CTVA internship units for credit.
For more information contact:
Internship Orientation and Information Sessions (mandatory)
CTVA MANDATORY Internship Orientation Meetings
- Fall 2018 and Spring 2019*
- Choose ONE of these dates:
- August 27, 2018 4:30-5:30 PM Manzanita 115
- August 30, 2018 6:00-7:00 PM Manzanita 103
- September 4, 2018 4:00-5:00 PM Manzanita 130
- September 6, 2018 5:30-6:30 PM Manzanita 103
- October 9, 2018 4:00-5:00 PM Manzanita 130
- October 11, 2018 5:30-6:30 PM Manzanita 103
*MUST BE SENIORS BY FALL 2019 TO ENROLL IN COURSE