Formerly known as the Latin American Film Festival, this year CSUN/UNAM is re-launching the event with a focus on Student Films. The CSUN College of Social and Behavioral Sciences in conjunction with the Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communication, and UNAM-Los Angeles have organized an exclusive online event to showcase the creative contributions of film students from both film schools, the Escuela Nacional de Artes Cinematográficas UNAM (ENAC UNAM) and CSUN Department of Cinema and Television Arts. The film fest represents the hard work of faculty and students at both institutions who want to share the artistic, professional, and cultural accomplishments of these films.
For this year’s film fest, a special selection of 20 short films spanning from stories of grit and survival to the touching potential of humanity will be available May 1, 2020 - May 10, 2020 (extended now to May 31, 2020). Please visit the official festival website for more information about the film fest, partnerships, and access to all of the films.
Join us on May 7 for an online live panel discussion of the 4 short films awarded “Best Films” of the CSUN/UNAM Student Film Fest. The panel will include faculty and students from the Escuela Nacional de Artes Cinematográficas UNAM (ENAC UNAM) and the CSUN Department of Cinema and Television Arts (CTVA). The panel will be moderated by Professor Nate Thomas (bio).
The four films showcased in the panel discussion will be:
- Amal (Director Dilek Ince, CSUN selection)
- Ben Dod Sheli (Director Daniel Yonathan, CSUN selection)
- El Canadiense (Director Fabián Leon López, UNAM selection)
- Laura y el Viento (Director Natali Montell, UNAM selection)
CSUN/UNAM Student Film Fest “Best Films” Awards and Panel Discussion
- May 7, 2020
- 7-8:30 pm (Los Angeles) and 9-10:30 pm (Mexico City)
- The films will be available online beginning May 1 for the general public. Please visit the official festival website for access to all of the films including the 4 winners.