CTVA ADVISEMENT - Fall 2020
Check your CSUN Portal account for Fall 2020 priority enrollment date and time.
~ Registration Guide: http://www.csun.edu/admissions-records/registration-guide
- Wait listing for closed classes begins on the first day of registration, 13 wait-listed unit’s maximum.
- Students in good standing may enroll in 17* units maximum as soon as registration begins.
*(Graduating seniors 19 units, Academic Probation 13 units)
- Registration in repeated courses is not permitted until Monday, July 6, 2020
~ Refer to the Fall ‘20 ON-LINE Registration Guide & Schedule of Classes for other IMPORTANT RESOURCES, DEADLINES & UPDATES… i.e., ‘How to guides’, enrollment calendar, change grading basis, refund policy and schedule, etc.
~ REVIEW YOUR DPR for remaining GE requirements, major requirements and elective units needed to complete BA requirements, include these in your semester plan. Use Degree Planning Tools: https://www.csun.edu/admissions-records/degree-planning-tools
~ TAKE THE UPPER DIVISION WRITING PROFICIENCY EXAM (WPE)
- A registration block will be placed on enrollment if the WPE is not attempted by the completion of 75 units. The hold may be appealed only once via Undergraduate Studies. For WPE information see: www.csun.edu/udwpe
- ALL CTVA MAJORS … attend an information advisement session with your CTVA major option OR by meeting with a CTVA faculty adviser during posted office hours. Proof of meeting attendance clears All EOP, Probation and APA major and college holds are cleared via SRC/EOP office, Nordhoff 135. For the Fall ‘20 CTVA advisement schedule and information: https://www.csun.edu/mike-curb-arts-media-communication/cinema-televisionarts/advisement
- GRADUATION APPLICATION… if you are within two semesters of graduating, see your faculty adviser to complete a graduation check and application for graduation. For Graduation information see Undergraduate Degree Services: http://www.csun.edu/admissions-records/uds
FALL 2020 WEEKDAY CLASSES BEGIN MONDAY, AUGUST 24**
**Verify weekend meeting dates in the Meeting information section of Class Search.
Note: Special arrangements have been made with the MCCAMC SRC/EOP Satellite Center for certain CTVA students to complete FALL 2020 advisement. Please refer to advisement grid and email from the Center: https://www.csun.edu/sites/default/files/AdvisementGrid-F2020.pdf.
Fall 2019 First-Time-Freshmen admits with less than 30 units earned, please contact the HUB for advisement!!
All other students can attend the advisement sessions for their options listed below
Please note that Film Production Option has a mandatory session
DOWNLOAD PDF VERSION OF THE ADVISEMENT SCHEDULE (.pdf) * PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE MAY BE UPDATED OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN THE LISTINGS BELOW.