Makes 1 1/4 cups
- 2 cups Cauliflower, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Hot water, as needed
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Boil the cauliflower and garlic together in water until they are tender.
- While hot, add softened vegetables to a blender.
- Add seasonings, lemon juice, soy sauce, hot water and cornstarch, blend again until the sauce is smooth.
- Store with plastic wrap pressed against the surface of the cheese. Heat gently before each use.
This recipe is from Eat Your Best Recipe Book. Click here to purchase our cookbook for more recipes.
To download this recipe, click here: Cauliflower "Cheddar"
Nutritional Information (3 tbsp)
CALORIES 20 | FAT 0G | PROTEIN 1G | FIBER 1G
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable and a member of the cabbage family. When selecting cauliflower at the store, choose heads that are unblemished and have fresh green leaves.
Paprika is a natural food colorant, imparting a red color to food. Studies suggest that paprika has anti-tumor-promoting activities. In Korea, paprika is the main ingredient used to produce and give color to Kimchi which is a mixture of fermented vegetables.
Turmeric is a member of the ginger family. It provides an earthy flavor and warm yellow color to foods. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and is studied in clinical trials for its potential to treat inflammatory diseases.