The Map Collection holds approximately 200,000 historical and thematic maps, including a wide variety of city and street maps, population and demographic maps, pictorial maps, tourist maps, transportation maps, and planning maps, among many others. The Map Collection's holdings are international in scope and contain maps from the cities and regions of North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, Europe, Russia, Asia, Africa, and Oceania. Holdings also include general world maps, hemispheric, and polar maps. The historical map collection emphasizes Western Americana, with strengths in California, Los Angeles County, and the San Fernando Valley.
- City Maps (International & National)
- Historical Street Maps of the San Fernando Valley
- Thomas Guide City Street Atlas Collection
- Planning & Zoning Maps of Los Angeles County
- Demographic, Population, & Census Tract Maps of Los Angeles County
- Transportation Maps (subway, railroad, bicycle, highway & freeway, bus, airline routes)
- Historical Automobile Road Maps (AAA, NAC, ACSC)