The Map Library and its collections in the news:
- The CSUN Sundial newspaper featured an article on the Map Library and the student-led efforts to keep the Map Library together and fully operational: Students campaign to keep Map Library together (2017).
- KCET and the Lost LA series showcased a Braille map of the state of California from the Map Library: A Map of California for the Blind (2017). The Map Library holds a small collection of Braille maps and atlases to support students and researchers who are visually impaired. The Braille map of the state of California includes Braille system to identify geographic names, physical features, scale, and an index.
- National Geographic published an article about the Map Library's famous Sanborn Fire Insurance Atlas collection: Historical Atlases Rescued from the Trash Could Be a Boon to Historians (2017). Greg Miller published the article on the NatGeo website.
- Daily Mail published an article with numerous photographs of the Map Library's Sanborn Fire Insurance Atlas collection: Historic Sanborn maps show how American cities evolved (2017). Ann Schmidt published the article on the Daily Mail's website.
- The Map Library contributed a rare 1888 Sanborn sheet map of downtown Los Angeles for the California Historical Society's History Keepers Exhibit (2015). The 1888 map of downtown Los Angeles shows the Plaza, Chinatown, and the Pico House. August 6, 2015-August 31, 2015.