The department is one of the largest in the college and has been growing vigorously in recent years. The department offers B.S. in management, and minors in both Human Resource Management, and Management. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to the success of our students, and our programs are designed to prepare our students for future careers as leaders in business and government in the global economy. Our outstanding faculty are noted for their applied academic research; many are consultants to business and government organizations.
Welcome to the Department of Management
Joanne Scillitoe, professor of management, conducted research in Madrid, Spain, on the impact of socio-tech ventures and their technological innovations. These entrepreneurial ventures were created with a social mission at their core, but also utilize technology to meet the needs of their beneficiaries. Read more
Graduates with a management degree are better situated to effectively engage in today’s dynamic business environment. With the knowledge and skills they acquire, they are able to deal with people in a competent and professional manner. Students gain knowledge and confidence needed for leading people and teams and improving organizations.
A few good reasons our students choose to study management:
- To learn how to manage people and to interact on a professional level.
- To increase their employability, career advancement, and income potential.
- To gain valuable interpersonal awareness and behaviors that are needed in their professional and personal lives.
CSUN Management graduates find themselves working in organizations including family-owned, non-profit, government agency, small businesses, and large corporations.
The Management program prepares students for responsible positions in a wide variety of fields and organizations. These include:
- Management in many settings, including manufacturing, operations, projects, R&D, services, retail, private sector, public sector and not-for-profits
- Human resource management
- Strategic management and planning
- Training and development
- Being more effective in any position and role in work and in life, through the interpersonal and organizational skills gained in the program.