The following policies and procedures apply to the areas below:
- Facilities Use - Procedures to Arrange an Event
- Standard Agreement
- Licensing of Campus Facilities
- Licensing Administrative Policies
- Insurance Requirements
- Filming Guidelines
- Filming Standard Agreement
Facilities Use - Campus Policy
Events are permitted on the CSUN campus only if they do not interfere with normal University business and/or previously scheduled events.
- For outside organizations, please submit your event request by e-mail to the Facilities & Trademark Licensing Office (email@example.com). Kindly include the location/facilities requested, dates(s), time(s), and event details.
- Parking is enforced on the CSUN campus seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
- CSUN is a smoke- and tobacco-free environment. Smoking or the use of tobacco products will not be permitted on any university property and ground, including the parking areas. Smoke and tobacco free, as defined by the University policy, prohibits the use of cigarettes, cigars, pipes (including hookah), electronic smoking devices such as e-cigarettes, and smokeless tobacco products and nicotine delivery systems, including but not limited to chewing tobacco, snuff, and SNUS.
- No alcohol is allowed on the CSUN campus.
- If audio/visual equipment is needed, users must make their own arrangements.
- University facilities must be restored to their original condition at the end of the event.
- Failure to leave facility in good order may result in additional charges, or denial of future usage.
- The Orange Grove Bistro is available for catering campus events. For more information, please call (818) 677-2076.
- News photography does not require a film permit; the Office of Public Relations (818/677-2129) coordinates all news and documentary requests.
- For Events that are exclusively for Faculty, Staff and Students only, please contact the Matador Involvement center at (818) 677-5111.
- The University Licensing Office, upon consultation with the CSUN Department of Police Services will determine if a Liaison or Police Officers will be assigned to an event.
- All Events require a Certificate of Liability Insurance with $2 million (or more) aggregate coverage including a separate insured endorsement page, naming California State University, Northridge and The University Corporation as "additional insureds."
Facilities Use - Procedures to Arrange an Event
- Submit your event request by e-mail to the Facilities & Trademark Licensing Office. Please include the location/facilities requested, date(s), time(s) and event details.
- Ten (10) business days prior to the event, the following documents and payments must be received in the Licensing office with:
- Two (2) copies of signed agreements
- Certificate of Insurance (including endorsement)
- All fees and estimated charges
- Security and damage deposit
- Parking permits are required at all time to park on the California State Northridge campus at all times (7 days, 24 hours). Anyone in violation of campus parking requirements, including event/activity participants arriving from off-campus, may be ticketed.
Filming on campus should not interfere with normal University business and/or previously scheduled events.
- Specified campus locations will be approved for specific date(s) and time(s) five (5) days prior to filming.
- Licensee must submit script/storyboard to TUC for approval prior to commencement of filming (script must be read by the University's Director of News and Media who will, if required, sign a legal confidentiality form). The Script will include all speaking lines to be filmed on University premises. Any revisions or changes to the script/storyboard must be resubmitted to TUC for approval prior to filming.
- Licensee must be sensitive to issues of diversity. In no way may any individuals engage in action or dialog on film maybe defamatory to any organizations, groups or individuals relative to: ethnicity, gender, physical abilities/qualities, age, race, sexual orientation, religion, or culture.
- Licensee is not permitted to film anyone on University premises that is total nude or wearing a g-strings, thong underwear or breast tassels.
- Licensor reserves the right to request film credit acknowledge as part of this agreement.
- Licensee is hereby notified they are filming on an active University campus with over 40,000 faculty, staff, students and guest attending class, conducting business and other activities. The University Licensing's Staff will make every effort to minimize noise near the filming locations, but there maybe circumstances out of Licensor's control when we cannot guarantee there won't be any noise.
- During the event the Licensor's Liaison is the final arbitrator on any issue that may arise regarding use of the facility as it relates to this agreement.
- University personnel must be available for assistance
- The Parking Services Department approves the parking plan for both production vehicles and private cars.
- USE OF MULTIPLE LOCATIONS BY FILM COMPANIES. Per the Licensing agreement, use of multiple locations will warrant additional fees. Facility fees will be assessed for use of each major location (smaller locations, such as classrooms or an outside lawn area, may be bundled as a major location). In the case of multiple camera crews working in different locations, a police officer and a liaison will be assigned to each location and billed accordingly.
- For a major location plus lawn/classroom/auditorium as holding areas - no additional fees will be applied.
- Use of additional locations (other than talent holding areas will) can be bundled under a single full-day rate. However additional fees for prep and strike will apply
- USE OF TWO CAMERA CREWS ON ONE AGREEMENT. University Licensing will increase location fees by forty percent (40%) when two camera crews are used on a film shoot.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT. The following Security Deposit amount should be applied. (Amount is subject to change per project requirements)
- Still Photo:$2,500
- Online/Video: $3,500
- Commercial: $5,000
- Television: $10,000-$15,000
- Feature Film: $10,000-$20,000
- Two (2) copies of signed agreement
- Certificate of insurance (including endorsement letters)
- All fees and estimated charges
- Security Deposit
All events require a "Certificate of Liability Insurance" with at least $4-5 million aggregate coverage, and a separate insured endorsement page naming California State University, Northridge and The University Corporation as "additional insureds." Policies for workers compensation insurance and vehicle liability must also be submitted.
Local news, media reporting and documentary requests do not require a film permit; please contact the Office of Public Relations at (818) 677-2129.
- CAMPUS PARKING PERMITS REQUIRED: 24/7 Licensee is hereby informed that parking permits are required to park on the California State Northridge campus at all times (7 days, 24 hours). Anyone in violation of campus parking requirements, including event/activity participants arriving from off-campus, may be ticketed.
- PARKING PERMIT ARRANGEMENTS:Licensees whose events/activities will involve guest/visitor parking on campus will chose one of the following:
- Licensee in advance may arrange, purchase and provide daily guest/visitor parking permits through the University Licensing Office for the expected number of event/activity participants. If additional vehicles need parking permits beyond the original estimates, University Licensing will invoice Licensee.
- If Licensee does not make such advance arrangements, Licensee then is required under this Agreement to notify participants of the following information, by conveying it in all event/activity advertising and informational materials, and any other written or verbal communications: "Visitors parking on the CSUN campus are required to purchase a $8 daily permit. Permits can be purchased from campus parking booths and parking lot vending machines."
- ACCESS: Licensee shall not block campus building hallways, lobbies, entrances, driveways, walkways or any common areas on the CSUN campus, except as specifically permitted in this Licensee's Agreement.
- PROPER AREAS FOR PARKING: Unless otherwise authorized, campus parking permits authorize vehicle parking in marked spaces in campus parking lots and along campus roadways. Vehicles are required to park "front end" in facing into any parking space.
- ADDITIONAL PARKING REQUIREMENTS: Parking is available at a cost of $8.00 per car per day. Permits can be purchased at any University Information Booth or ticket box. ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING IS PERMITTED IN SURROUNDING RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOODS.
- BUSES: Buses are required to enter the campus at the Lot G4 entrance on Zelzah Avenue to drop off and pick up participants. Buses must proceed to LOT F10 at the corner of Lassen Street and Lindley Avenue and remain there until scheduled pick-up time. Licensee is responsible to communicate this requirement to the bus drivers. NO BUSES ARE PERMITTED TO DROP OFF OR PICK UP PARTICIPANTS NOR PARK ALONG LINDLEY AVENUE. NO BUSES ARE TO PARK ON THE STREET OR IN SURROUNDING NEIGHBORHOODS.
- DISPLAY PARKING PERMIT: Parking permits must be displayed on the driver?s side dashboard and must be visible. Any vehicle that does not display the proper parking permit, in plain view on the dashboard, will be considered in violation and be cited by the CSUN Parking Office.
- METERS: Parking permits are not valid at meters.
- MOVE VEHICLES: The Parking Officers or University Licensing reserve the right to move Licensee to another parking lot should scheduling conflicts arise.