You will be required to use the GlobalProtect client to connect to the CSUN network. The GlobalProtect client does not give you the same options as a browser. These tips will help you use VPN successfully at CSUN. GlobalProtect will use the first device you have registered in Duo to complete your login to VPN.
If you are unsure of what device Duo will send a notification to, you can check which device is listed as your primary phone.
To check which phone is being prioritized follow the steps below:
- Open up a new tab in the desired web browser.
- Navigate to the myNorthridge portal.
- Enter your CSUN credentials.
- On the left panel: Select the link that says My Settings & Devices.
- Duo MFA will prompt you to authenticate.
- Once authenticated, you will be able to see what devices are linked to Duo.
- The first number that is listed is ‘phone1’ Phone 1 is the primary phone and will be used to authenticate.
- The number below that is ‘phone2’
Authenticating with Global Protect
Now that you know which phone number is identified as either phone 1 or phone 2, navigate back to the GlobalProtect Gateway agent. Enter credentials and put a comma (“,”) followed with the phone (phone1 or phone2) you want to send the authentication to.
Be sure to Check your phone for the authentication prompt. Tap Accept or pick up the call coming from (818) 677-6100.
If you have Duo Push on your mobile device:
Navigate to the GlobalProtect Gateway agent (open up the application or click the round grey globe on the bottom right). Select Connect.
- Check phone for a notification.
- Approve to continue logging in.
- Enter credentials used to log in.
- Wait for the gateway to officially connect.
If you want to use a DUO pass-code
- Select the Connect button
- In the Global protect password field the passcode is added after a comma at the end of your password. To get the passcode, open your DUO phone app, click on the DUO Protected and it will display a passcode as in the screenshot below. Then in the password field type your password, passcode. For example per the screenshot below, you would type in password,570329. Note password is your CSUN password, not the word “password”. Be mindful of how many times you click as a new passcode generates every time you click. Don’t click too many times without entering a passcode.
- You should now be connected.
If you DO NOT have Duo push:
- Check mobile device for phone call authentication.
- If you do not see an authentication push notification. Duo MFA will send a phone call to your phone.