Skype for Business allows for IM, calling, video calling, and sharing and collaboration between colleagues, and is available to all faculty and staff.
How to access Skype for Business
If you are using a university-owned PC, Lync 2013 or Skype for Business should be installed on your computer. If it is not, contact your Technical Support Contact. To use Lync 2013 or Skype for Business, launch the program and sign in with your primary CSUN email address and password.
If you have Lync 2011 installed on your university-owned computer, you can log in using your primary CSUN email address and password.
If you do not have the Lync 2011 chat program installed on your campus computer, contact your Technical Support Contact.
Through Office 365
To access Skype for Business without installing additional programs:
- Log in to Webmail with your user ID and password.
- Select your profile photo in the upper-right corner of the screen and make sure you are signed in to IM and that your status is set to Available.
- From Office 365, select the Office 365 Apps icon from the upper, left-hand corner.
- Select the People icon.
- Search for the person you want to Skype with and select their profile.
- In the IM section of their profile, select the hyperlink for their contact info. In this example, we are using John Doe.
- If the contact is available for instant messaging, they will appear with a green square by their name.
- To sign out of instant messaging, select your profile photo in the upper, right-hand corner of the screen and select Sign out of IM.
To help you get started, we recommend the following resources:
Note: To access Lynda.com resources, you will be prompted to log in with your CSUN user ID and password.