Photo Courtesy of MS Office
Use these instructions to set up your CSUN email on your mobile device:
iPhone and iPad iOS 11 and above
- Select the Settings icon on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select Mail
- Select Accounts
- Select Add Account.
- Select Exchange.
- Enter the following Server information: outlook.office365.com. (Note: If you are using previous versions of the iOS, you may have to enter outlook.office365.com information under Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server).
- In the Username field, enter your username as: firstname.lastname @ csun.edu (no spaces).
- Your mail program will find the mail settings to set up the account.
Microsoft provides step by step instructions for setting up email from an iPhone or iPad.
To delete your account, go into Settings>Mail> Accounts - select the account and hit delete
*Depending on your Android device, these instructions may vary slightly.
- From Applications, select the Gmail App button.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Choose Add (Another) Account and select Exchange and Office 365.
- Enter your CSUN email address as firstname.lastname @ csun.edu (no spaces) and select Next.
- Will be redirected to CSUN Authentication Login.
- Enter your User ID and Password.
- Select Login.
- Will be redirected to CSUN Duo Authentication.
- After Duo Authentication is completed, will be redirected to Permissions requested.
- Select Accept to continue.
- All set and ready to use Microsoft Exchanged 365 for Gmail App.
Microsoft provides step by step instructions for setting up email from an Android.
OWA (Outlook Web Access) App for Phones
Downloading the OWA app provides you with a more robust email environment. The app provides additional functionality that you don't get through the set up of email on your phone.
What are the advantages of downloading the app?
- You can access your calendar to view and schedule appointments and meetings
- You can accept meeting requests through the app without worry
- You can view and organize all your contacts, even the personal contacts you create that are not part of the global address list
- If you are a task master, you can continue to create tasks