Photo Courtesy of MS Office
Use these instructions to set up your CSUN email on your mobile device:
iPhone and iPad iOS 11
- Select the Settings icon on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select Accounts and Passwords.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Exchange.
- Enter the following Server information: outlook.office365.com. (Note: If you are using previous versions of the iOS, you may have to enter outlook.office365.com information under Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server).
- In the Username field, enter your username as: .
- Your mail program will find the mail settings to set up the account.
Microsoft provides step by step instructions for setting up email from an iPhone or iPad.
*Depending on your Android device, these instructions may vary slightly.
- From Applications, select the Email button.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Choose Add Account in the upper right hand corner.
- Enter your CSUN email address as .
- Enter your password.
- Select Next.
- Select the Exchange for account type and then Next.
- In the Domain\Username field, type your full email address .
- Enter your CSUN password.
- In the Server field, enter outlook.office365.com.
- Verify that Use secure connection (SSL) is checked.
- Once your phone verifies the server settings, the Android options you see will vary.
- Select the Next button and enter a name for the account.
- Select Done.
Microsoft provides step by step instructions for setting up email from an Android.
- From Start, navigate to Settings.
- Select email + accounts.
- Select add an account.
- Select Outlook.
- Enter your full email address and portal password.
- Select the Sign In button.
- Your phone will sync your email.
OWA (Outlook Web Access) App for Phones
Downloading the OWA app provides you with a more robust email environment. The app provides additional functionality that you don't get through the set up of email on your phone.
What are the advantages of downloading the app?
- You can access your calendar to view and schedule appointments and meetings
- You can accept meeting requests through the app without worry
- You can view and organize all your contacts, even the personal contacts you create that are not part of the global address list
- If you are a task master, you can continue to create tasks