It is the policy of California State University, Northridge to provide reimbursement for use of portable equipment and/or electronic communication equipment and related services only with the prior authorization of the President, the appropriate division Vice President, or the Executive Director of the University Corporation as a condition of employment.
This table identifies the smartphone operating systems reviewed by IT. The list of smartphone operating systems will be reviewed once every six months.
This list of wireless service providers offers Employee Value Programs to CSUN employees. If you are interested in purchasing a new plan, the information below will help you identify which service provider works best for you. If you already have a contract with any of these vendors, contact the assigned account representative for details on signing up for their Employee Value Program.
Note: In most cases, you will be asked to confirm employment.
Phones & Voicemail
Phones are an integral component of the University’s technology infrastructure. Most university phones utilize the voice-over-IP (VOIP) system which integrates phone usage with the computer network. This integration significantly reduces calling costs while providing robust benefits for our faculty and staff.
- Call Forwarding
- From your CISCO office phone, there is a soft button called CFwdALL. This button can be used to forward calls to another number within the (818) area code. The number you forward to must include 9 + 1 + (area code). If you need to forward calls to a number outside of the (818) area code, submit a request through the IT Help Center. Note: On Campus users will be able to detect the phone number you forwarded your calls to.
- If you are off campus and need to forward your line, some users have automatically been granted access to the Call Manager User Page (President, President's cabinet, MPPs). To use this service, review the Call Manager User Page quick guide (.pdf). If you need access to this page, submit a request through the IT Help Center.
- Calls Made from Personal Devices
- If you need to make a call from a personal device and wish to block your number, dial *67 before placing the call.
- Virtual Desktops / Machines
- If you are in need of a virtual desktop setup, this can be managed through myCSUNsoftware but administrative rights are required to download the Citrix receiver. For a complete guide, visit How to Access Virtual Desktops (.pdf).
- Virtual Phones / Soft Phones
- To utilize the virtual phone software, you must first connect to GlobalProtect VPN.
- For CSUN Owned Windows Devices: Virtual phones, or soft phones, can be setup on your Windows desktop to simulate your on-campus phone. To use this service, complete the Virtual Phone / Call Communicator Request form. View the Installing Cisco Phone Software (.pdf) quick guide for step-by-step instructions.
- For Personally Owned Windows Machines: Virtual phones, or soft phones, can be setup on your personally owned Windows desktop to simulate your on-campus phone. To use this service, complete the Virtual Phone / Call Communicator Request form. View the Installing Cisco Phone Software for Personal Windows Devices (.pdf) quick guide for step-by-step instructions.
- For information on how to log in from off-campus to retrieve your message, please review the Phone and Voicemail Guide (.pdf).