Photo Credit: EdTech
"Are you experiencing videoconferencing outages? Frozen screens? Lagging audio?
Videoconferencing platforms have become the backbone of education during the pandemic, and having lectures disrupted by technology problems is a frustrating experience for everyone. But there is no need to panic. Here are some easy fixes and troubleshooting tips to help you return to your virtual classroom.
Fixes for Common Videoconferencing Problems
Issue: Multiple participants experience blurry screens and audio problems during screen sharing.
- Turn off the video-sharing function for all participants.
- If that doesn’t help, turn off the presenter’s video-sharing function.
- Still blurry? Try dialing in to the call from a mobile device.
Issue: A single attendee experiences a blurry screen and audio problems during screen sharing.
- This individual’s poor internet connection is most likely the culprit. This attendee should try debugging his or her internet connection.
- If that doesn’t work, this individual can dial in to the call from a mobile device."
For CSUN specific tips, visit Tips to Improve Zoom Audio & Video.