Zoom has added a new Native Video Player feature that lets you show high-definition video in your meetings without a separate media player application. The Zoom Native Video player is available in version 5.4.3 and later. For instructions on updating your Zoom application, visit the Upgrade / update to the latest version support article. To use this feature:
- In a Zoom meeting or webinar where you are the host, select the Share Screen button at the bottom of the Zoom toolbar
- In the Share Screen menu select the Advanced tab, then select Video
- Zoom will automatically turn on the Share sound and Optimize for video clip features
- Select the Share button at the bottom right of the menu
- Zoom will open a new window where you can navigate to the .MOV or .MP4 video that you want to show
- Select the video file and then select Open
- Zoom will automatically share your screen and set up the video player
- Select the Play arrow on the video and the video will play fullscreen for everyone else in the meeting without showing the video controls or the rest of your screen
- When you’re done playing the video, select Stop Share at the top of the screen to stop sharing your screen.
For more information, visit the Sharing and playing a video Zoom support article.
Please note that .MOV and .MP4 are the only video file types supported at this time.