A few steps over the summer will mean a smoother start to the Fall semester for many of your students. Some possible ideas include:
- Submit textbook and other instructional materials orders at least 8 weeks before classes start. This helps students by giving them plenty of time to ensure they have access.
- Review any videos you’re be using for the accuracy of the captions. If you need assistance, contact the NCOD and/or UDC.
- Check your syllabus for accessibility (in Ally, with Microsoft Office’s Accessibility Checker, etc.). An accessible syllabus gets everyone off to the right start.
- Housekeeping: Remove files that are no longer needed from Canvas and other platforms. Contact the FTC to explore options if you’d like to archive some files.
- Make sure your images and links have descriptions; get more tips at Just One Thing - Descriptive Text.
- Peek at Ally for the rest of your course content and see if you have any other hot spots
- Come to training! Take a look at our workshop calendar for dates and information.
- Schedule a consultation with UDC about any of the above. We’re here for you all summer.