Photo Courtesy of CSUN Sustainability
What is LimeBike?
LimeBike is a bike share program available to all CSUN affiliates. The initiative stems from The University's Climate Action Plan, which aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by improving campus energy efficiency, expanding renewable energy production and increasing the use of carbon-neutral transportation options (such as biking) by campus users. LimeBike is changing the way people access the CSUN campus on a daily basis by interconnecting local transit hubs, businesses and living communities with the campus itself. LimeBike comes at no cost to CSUN and minimal cost to users. Sign up now through January 31st and your first ten rides are free! To learn more about LimeBike, visit the company's website.
- Download the LimeBike mobile app for Apple or Android
- Create an account using your csun.edu email address to receive a 50% discount on each ride (non-CSUN email addresses will not receive a discount). See the electronic security guidelines below.
- Enter your credit or debit card information.
- Enter the promo code "LIMEWITHCSUN" through January 31st to receive ten free rides.
- Open the app to locate bicycles near you. Approach any bike and select the "Unlock Bike" option within the app.
- Scan any of the QR codes located on the handlebars, seat and rear fender of the bicycle to unlock the bike.
- Adjust the seat to your desired height and ride to your destination.
- Park your bike in any bike rack and slide the lock through the rear wheel to end your ride.
Read more about LimeBike at LimeBike