It is critical that you understand the preferred communication method for students, faculty, and staff so you can communicate quickly if needed. Please speak with others in your department or college to confirm the best way to communicate.
The CSUN app can be used to keep in touch by accessing the campus directory and staying on top of news.
- CSUN Webmail
- Be sure to have a list of the commonly used listservs on hand so you can communicate with a group if needed.
File Storage & e-Signatures
- CSUN's secure cloud-based file storage and collaboration solution that gives students, faculty and staff the ability to access content at any time, from any device.
- OnBase is CSUN's secure solution for providing users with a complete view of information from a single system. Data and documents can be stored in one location and processed according to CSUN business rules.
- Adobe Acrobat Sign
- Adobe Sign is a cloud-based e-Signature service that lets you send, sign, track, and manage signature processes using a browser or mobile device. Documents can be sent instantly to receive a quick turnaround on required signatures.
Phones & Voicemail
- Call Forwarding
- From your CISCO office phone, there is a soft button called CFwdALL. This button can be used to forward calls to another number within the (818) area code. The number you forward to must include 9 + 1 + (area code). If you need to forward calls to a number outside of the (818) area code, submit a request through the IT Help Center. Note: On Campus users will be able to detect the phone number you forwarded your calls to.
- If you are off campus and need to forward your line, some users have automatically been granted access to the Call Manager User Page (President, President's cabinet, MPPs). To use this service, review the Call Manager User Page quick guide (.pdf). If you need access to this page, submit a request through the IT Help Center.
- Calls Made from Personal Devices
- If you need to make a call from a personal device and wish to block your number, dial *67 before placing the call.
- Virtual Desktops / Machines
- If you are in need of a virtual desktop setup, this can be managed through myCSUNsoftware but administrative rights are required to download the Citrix receiver. For a complete guide, visit How to Access Virtual Desktops (.pdf).
- Virtual Phones / Soft Phones
- To utilize the virtual phone software, you must first connect to GlobalProtect VPN.
- For CSUN Owned Windows Devices: Virtual phones, or soft phones, can be setup on your CSUN owned Windows desktop to simulate your on-campus phone. To use this service, complete the Virtual Phone / Call Communicator Request form. Once access has been granted, view the Installing Cisco Phone Software (.pdf) quick guide for step-by-step instructions on how to install the software on your CSUN owned Windows machine.
- For Personally Owned Windows Machines: Virtual phones, or soft phones, can be setup on your personally owned Windows desktop to simulate your on-campus phone. To use this service, complete the Virtual Phone / Call Communicator Request form. View the Installing Cisco Phone Software for Personal Windows Devices (.pdf) quick guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Cisco Jabber is a softphone solution for PCs, Macs, iPhone, and Android: For more information on Jabber, visit CSUN's Jabber page.
- For information on how to log in from off-campus to retrieve your message, please review the Phone and Voicemail Guide (.pdf).
To access some CSUN resources, such as department file shares, you'll need to install a a Virtual Private Network (VPN). Staff can download VPN to their computers from the IT Downloads Page, or to their mobile devices from the iOS app store or Google Play store. The VPN software is available for no additional cost and downloading only takes a few minutes.
Zoom offers synchronous video web-conferencing and is available to all CSUN students, faculty, and staff. If needed, Zoom can be used to virtually meet with students, instructors, or colleagues. For more information or to get access, visit the Zoom page.