These resources and digital tools can help you continue your coursework.
Keep Learning - Resources & Tools
- Universal Design Center
- If materials are not accessible to you, please contact your professor for accessible content.
- Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES)
- NCOD Operations for Virtual Learning
Accessing Course Materials
Meetings & Group Work
myNorthridge Portal / Student Center
Protect Your Account
Attending remotely presents opportunities for hackers and others to gain access to your data. We strongly encourage you to enroll in Multi-Factor-Authentication to protect your data. To self-enroll in Duo (.pdf), log into the myNorthridge portal, go to the Information Security pagelet and select the Multi-Factor Self-Enrollment link.
Respondus LockDown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment during an online quiz or exam. Instructors may use this tool for their Canvas quizzes, either as part of a myCSUNtablet course or any other course. Follow the instructions below if you need to use LockDown Browser to take an online quiz or exam for your course.
Setting Up a Home Office & Optimizing Your Home Network
Setting Up a Home Office
Optimizing Your Home Network
To optimize the performance of your home network, review these tips:
- Reduce the bandwidth required. If users are experiencing performance problems with video conferencing, there are ways to reduce the required capacity:
- Using screen sharing instead of video when possible. Screen sharing uses a fraction of the capacity in comparison to video.
- Set your video resolution to SD (not HD). Some video conferencing applications allow the user to select SD (standard definition) as opposed to HD (high definition)
- It’s best to connect your computer via an Ethernet cable directly to your home router.
- 5G is faster and more efficient, but 2.4G supports a longer distance.
- The WiFi signal can be extended, and today there are many good equipment options.
For a complete list of tips, visit Optimizing Your Home Network for Working and Learning.
If your course is using Canvas please review the following resources for information on how to continue with your courses. Please check with your professors to confirm how they will be accepting coursework.
Last Update: 04/24/20 - 4:49 p.m.