What is Jabber?
Faculty and Staff who have a Cisco IP Phone in their office and would like to make or receive calls from their office number while working remotely, can do so using Jabber. Think of Jabber as a software phone replacement of your physical office phone. With Jabber on your PC or Mac computer, Android or iPhone mobile device, you can make and receive calls as if you are in the office.
- Make calls remotely as if you are calling from your office phone.
- Manage multiple lines.
- The Jabber client delivers business-quality voice to your desktop or mobile device.
How Can I Get It?
If you would like to use Jabber Softphone to place CSUN business calls remotely, follow these instructions.
- Complete the Jabber Request Form to request this software.
- Download Jabber for PC or Mac. Review the Jabber for Windows (.pdf) or Jabber for MAC (.pdf) installation & user guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Download Jabber for your mobile device. *Review the Jabber for iPhone (.pdf) or Jabber for Android (.pdf) installation & user guide for step-by-step instructions.
*Important Note: The latest version of Jabber should always be used, so once you download it to your mobile device, be sure to install updates when available.
- Do not make 911 calls using the Jabber application. Emergency responders will not be able track your actual location as Jabber will share your office number (CSUN number) and office location.
If you need assistance, please contact the IT Help Center.