The ability to access the Internet is a critical necessity. Internet access is not only key to our schools’ online learning programs, but many Federal, State and local resources are provided online, too.
In LA County many students do not have access to a computer at home. Approximately 210,000 students who do have a computer at home, lack an Internet connection. To combat this digital divide, LA County wants to remind residents of this free digital tool which all residents can access for locating free WiFi spots throughout the County.
How it works
To expand your digital connectivity and access during the COVID-19 health crisis, follow these simple instructions:
- Visit findwifi.lacounty.gov or dial 2-1-1. Select the OK button on the bottom right to begin.
- Search for internet related services based on your physical address.
- You'll find:
- internet resources for students
- free County WiFi hot spots
- internet provider contact information
- mobile internet providers