A server is a piece of hardware that stores electronic information such as department records, email messages, website documents and images. Similar in appearance to a computer ‘box,’ a server has a much larger capacity for the storage of files. One important issue to consider is the location of your server.
Enhanced Server Protection and Maintenance
Information Technology provides a Data Center that is secured and temperature controlled. Key services provided for your server include:
- Proactively monitor network, server, and data storage equipment on a 24x7x365 basis.
- Perform production system backups and recovery services.
- Coordinate campus wide offsite storage of backup media for disaster recovery.
- Maintain service level agreements and hardware support contracts for enterprise systems.
- Schedule equipment maintenance and service repair functions
Price for Service
The charge for server storage and maintenance is based upon the services your department requires. IT will assist you in determining the level of service you require and will price and document the service accordingly in a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
To learn more about server storage, contact the IT Help Center.