The Executive Technology Steering Committee (ETSC) is the senior university IT governance group and principal advisor to the President on information technology issues and decisions. The ETSC reports, through the Vice President for Information Technology, to the President’s Cabinet and meets monthly.
- Establishes the University’s long-range technology strategy and goals.
- Approves and prioritizes all large, university-wide technology projects.
- Recommends to the President all policies and practices pertaining to technology.
- Adopts frameworks and guidelines that maintains an effective division of responsibilities for enterprise and local IT services.
- Approves major changes in the delivery of technology services or service levels.
- Reviews and adjusts as necessary University-wide technology spending and staffing to optimize the use of CSUN resources.
- Conducts regular reviews of the University’s IT project portfolio and monitors its alignment with University goals, available resources, and acceptable levels of risk.
Membership (appointed by the President):
ETSC Members: FY 2017-2018
|Hilary Baker||Vice President for Information Technology/CIO (chair)|
|Yi Li||Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs|
|Colin Donahue||Vice President for Administration and Finance|
|William Watkins||Vice President for Student Affairs|
|Robert Gunsalus||Vice President for University Advancement|
|Jill Smith||Chief of Staff, President's Office|
|Rick Evans||Executive Director, University Corporation|
Advisory to the President.