CSUN completed its transition from Moodle to Canvas at the end of the 2017 calendar year. The CSUN Canvas environment is now available. Learn more at CSUN's website about Canvas.
Note: A few cohorted programs offered through the Tseng College will remain on Moodle in 2018. For support with Tseng courses still using Moodle, contact the Tseng College Distance Learning Group at (818) 677-6410 or email@example.com.
Legacy Moodle Support Pages:
Below, is a list of the most frequently asked Moodle questions by faculty. You may navigate by selecting the links below.
- My students say they can't see my Moodle course. What do I do?
- How do I add a student or teaching assistant to my course?
- A couple of students who dropped my class in the myNorthridge Portal are still listed in Moodle. How do I remove them?
- I don't see my current semester's course. How can I get it created?
- I want to upload a file to Moodle. How do I do that?
- How do I create an assignment?
- How do I create a Turnitin assignment?
- I duplicated/imported a Turnitin assignment but now I'm getting an error. What should I do?
- How do I bulk download all submissions for a particular assignment?
- What is the Restrict Access section for?
- I have a student who is authorized to have accommodations on quizzes. How do I only give this student extra time on quizzes?
- I want to migrate some/all of the content from one course to another. How do I do that?
- Where are files stored in Moodle?
- I want to send the entire class an email. How do I do that in Moodle?
- My students are reporting they can't reply to my forum post. Why is this?
- I have a video I want my students to watch. Can I put it in Moodle?
- How do I combine two or more courses together?
- I see a lot of old courses under the My Courses list. How do I get rid of all my old ones?
- Students are asking for an enrollment key to get into my Moodle course. How do I get one?
- I have more questions. Are there any user guides I can read?