All CSUN faculty and staff can now install the Microsoft Office Suite on up to five personal devices for free.
Before you install the software, you must remove any earlier versions of Office (2003, 2007, 2010). You can view the Uninstall Instructions on the Microsoft Office website for more information.
To install Microsoft Office on a PC or Mac:
- Go to the Microsoft Services login page and sign in with your CSUN user ID and password.
- Select the Profile button, located in the upper right corner.
- Select View Account.
- Select Install Status from the menu on the left.
- Select the Install desktop applications link.
- The Office page displays.
- Select the Install button and follow the setup prompts to install Office.
If you've downloaded all five copies and need another copy to be installed on a new computer, return to Office 365 and deactivate previous copies as needed.
Training and Tutorials
All CSUN students, faculty and staff have access to the Lynda.com library, which offers an extensive collection for Microsoft Office. To access the library, visit lynda.csun.edu and sign in with your CSUN user ID and password. You can also visit the Microsoft Office Training and Tutorials website.
Contact the IT Help Center.