CSUN App Jam 2023
IT in collaboration with the University Library and Associated Students is happy to announce a new student competition – CSUN App Jam 2023. CSUN App Jam 2023 is an exciting event for students to reimagine, redesign, and refresh the CSUN Mobile app.
This competition provides a platform where students can showcase their skills in design, development, and innovation to win prizes! Participating students will have access to creative resources and will be supported by experts to help them achieve their vision for the future of the CSUN Mobile app.
- Attend the Kickoff - Presenters from IT, Associated Students, and the Creative Maker Studio in the University Library will be there to help you find the tools you need to make your project the best it can be.
- Plan your Project – CSUN App Jam involves some milestones that will be submitted throughout the competition, and learning resources will be provided by experts from on-campus and the industry.
- Learn and Build - Use the resources in Canvas, and support from the community and experts to bring your design idea to life! If you’re not a programmer, you can absolutely still participate!Apps like PowerPoint andKeynote are often used to create app mockups, meaning you can redesign the app without writing any code.
- Create a deliverable - Participants will submit a digital packet (a slide deck, video, PDF, etc.) in Canvas that defines how the redesign will meet the standards of the competition including a visual element that shows what the app redesign will look like.
Monetary prizes will be shared by the team.
1st place - $1,500 and the opportunity for one semester of employment with the CSUN Information Technology to work with the App Development team to help bring their CSUN App vision to life.
2nd place - $1,000
3rd place - $500
- March 14th – Kickoff Event 1pm to 2pm in Nobbs Auditorium room SQ104. You can also join via Zoom, and be sure to download the CSUN App Jam 2023 Zoom background!
- March 21st - Registration deadline in Canvas for teams and/or individuals interested in competing by 11:59pm
- March 29th - App UX/UI Design Workshop, 3:00-4:30pm hosted by the University Library’s Creative Maker Studio (CMS). This workshop is open to all competitors and goes over how to create an App mockup graphic and even add commands to the buttons using Adobe XD. The workshop will be held via Zoom and registration is required. Sign up for the workshop!
- April 14th – Submissions due in Canvas
- April 15th – 25th – Judges review submissions
- Friday, April 28th – Winners are announced at the Digital Equity Day event
The Creative Maker Studio (CMS) is an exploratory space on the first floor of the University Library where students of any major can have access to hands-on multimedia design and production tools at no extra cost! The CMS provides all currently enrolled CSUN students with access to equipment for video production, computers with Adobe Creative Cloud and other software apps, and more. The CMS also offers workshop and support.
LinkedIn Learning is an online platform that offers students access to thousands of courses on a wide range of topics. With expert instructors, high-quality video lessons, and interactive exercises, this platform is a great resource to enhance your project.
Communication Access Services (CAS)
To request Communication Access Services (CAS) such as sign language interpreters or transcribers please contact the NCOD: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services at email@example.com.
JEDI Jam 2022
First Place Winner - CSUN, Go!
Second Place Winner - ArcFTC Pro
Social Butterflies - CSUN Connect
More Than Students
A huge congratulations to the App-Jam 2021 winners!
First Place: Team Give - PartWith
Second Place: Team Abstract - ReKindle
Búme - Búme
Intelectual Bad A's - Tanda