ALL CSUN FACULTY ARE INVITED
- Faculty "Brown-Bag" conversations
- Guest speakers on a variety of AI-related topics
- Access to AI tools and cloud platforms from IBM, Amazon, and more
- Learn about Chatbots being created on campus
- Work on AI projects with student researchers
- Explore research opportunities and grants related to AI
- Help inform AI-Jam, the student competition (Spring 2018)
AIx will begin with a series of brown-bag conversations facilitated by the Faculty Technology Center and Dr. Mariano Loza-Coll from CSUN's Department of Biology. Brown-bags will be held on Wednesdays, 12 noon - 1:30 PM, in the Faculty Technology Center, Oviatt 30.
October 18: AI in the Arts, Humanities, Social & Behavioral Sciences
November 15: AI in Science & Math, Health & Human Development
November 29: AI and IBM Watson Tools
December 13: AI in Engineering & Computer Science, Business & Economics, Education
Coming in Spring 2018:
AIx - Research
AIx - Tools: Amazon Web Services
AIx - Chatbots
AIx - Assistive Technology
AIx - Internet-of-Things
Can Algorithm Tell When Kids are in Danger?
Link to article: Can Algorithm Tell When Kids are in Danger?
Photo Credit: Cate Dingley for the New York Times
"Child protective agencies are haunted when they fail to save kids. Pittsburgh officials believe a new data analysis program is helping them make better judgment calls."