ALL CSUN FACULTY ARE INVITED
- Faculty "Brown-Bag" conversations
- Guest speakers on a variety of AI-related topics
- Access to AI tools and cloud platforms from IBM, Amazon, and more
- Learn about Chatbots being created on campus
- Work on AI projects with student researchers
- Explore research opportunities and grants related to AI
- Help inform AI-Jam, the student competition (Spring 2018)
AIx will begin with a series of brown-bag conversations facilitated by Dr. Mariano Loza-Coll from CSUN's Department of Biology. Brown-bags will be held on Wednesdays, 12 noon - 1:30 PM, in the Faculty Technology Center, Oviatt 30.
October 18: AI in the Arts, Humanities, Social & Behavioral Sciences (NOTE: Location changed to SQ 250A)
November 15: AI in Science & Math, Health & Human Development
November 29: AI Resources for Teaching and Research
December 13: AI in Engineering & Computer Science, Business & Economics, Education
Using artificial intelligence to protect rhinos from poachers
Link to article: Electronic surveillance may save the rhino
"Scientists from IBM used a different approach to protect rhinos in the Welgevonden game reserve near Johannesburg in South Africa, using radio collars and a data network... Instead of attaching these to the rhinos, they are collaring other animals such as impala or zebra that normally move alongside rhinos."