H-1B Temporary Workers

H-1B status is for aliens with specialty occupations coming to the U.S. temporarily to perform services of a professional nature. Under current regulations, H-1B status is granted for an initial period of three years, and a three-year extension is possible for a maximum duration of six years. H-1B petition is employer specific. A prospective H-1B employee must have professional skills and a university degree (at minimum, a Bachelor's degree) in the same or a related field as the job offered. For more information on how to maintain valid H1B status, please see below.

Dependents of H-1B holders are eligible for H-4 status. H-4 holders are not eligible to work in the U.S.

CSUN will support H-1B status for an alien who has been offered a full-time temporary position as a faculty member.

New H-1B Petition at CSUN