- Can't connect to your Webdrive.
- If connecting from on campus, check that you are using the correct format in the Connect to Server address field. See
- How to connect to the Webdrive
- If you are connecting from off campus through a VPN, check that its connection is working, then try connecting the Mac to the Webdrive.
- How to configure the VPN (OS X)
- The Mac is frozen and won't respond, or the Restart command appears to work but 10 minutes later the machine is still attempting shutdown.
- The keyboard shortcut: If your keyboard has a power button, hold down Command and Control keys and press the power button.
- If your keyboard doesn't have a power button, hold down Command and Control keys and press the eject key (typically found in the upper right corner of the keyboard)
- Force restart: Press and hold the Mac's power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the power light goes out completely. Then press the power button again to turn your Mac back on.
- The computer is on, but there is no sound.
- Go to the speaker icon which is next to the power icon on the top menu bar. Click the speaker icon to bring up the volume control for the computer. See if the volume control has been turned all the way down.
- Go to the System Preferences and click the Sound speaker icon. See if the volume control has been turned all the way down or if the mute box has been checked. Verify that you want the sound effects to play through the internal speakers or to play through an external device. Verify whether you are using the audio port for sound output or are using it for sound input.
- The computer is on, but the keyboard doesn't work.
- Swap the keyboard or try plugging the keyboard into another computer. If it doesn't work on the other computer, there is likely something wrong with the keyboard. If it does work on the other computer, there is likely something wrong on the computer or the connection to the computer.
- A program no longer responds and can't be shut down.
- Press Option-Command-Esc to bring up Force Quit Applications control panel. See if the panel indicates that the program is no longer responding. Highlight the unresponsive program and click the Force quit button. If you can't get to this screen, you'll have to restart the machine.
Troubleshooting Procedures for Mac
Apple Quick Assist
EBSuite Help Desk Ticket System
Submit a support ticket to the EBSuite system (https://techsupport.csun.edu). From there, your request will be sent to the appropriate personnel.
Send us an email at email@example.com and we will respond to your request.
Urgent? Give us a call directly at 818.677.2476 and one of our technicians will help you.