Your departmental adviser is considered a "specialist" in your area of study. You should consult with Dr. Amanda Baugh on issues related to your major, minor, career options, and graduate school.
Informal advisement concerning graduate schools, area of interest, and careers may be discussed with any of our full-time faculty.
Here are some questions you might find helpful when meeting with the adviser:
- Are there any prerequisites to the courses I'm interested in taking? If so, what are they?
- What are the first major courses you suggest I begin with?
- Are there times during my academic career when my department expects to see me for consultation about my progress?
- What type of careers are available to Religious Studies majors?
- What type of resources are available to me? (tutoring, counseling, career planning, study abroad, honors)
For more information on the program, graduate schools, career opportunities, and academic life contact:
Dr. Amanda BaughPhone: 818/677-4733
Office: SN 237
Still considering whether to become an RS Major/Double Major? Consider these five reasons to major!
Academic advisement is required for all RS Majors each semester before registering for classes. Please contact Dr. Baugh to schedule an appointment. Academic advisement is not required but suggested for minors and double majors.
The College of Humanities (COH) Student Services Center/EOP reviews students’ progress to ensure that the requirements of a major or minor in Religious Studies are fulfilled. Call (818) 677-4784 or (818) 677-4767 to schedule an appointment with the COH Student Services Center/EOP.