The minor in Armenian will provide students with an understanding and appreciation of the Armenian language, literature and culture, as well as the contributions of Armenians to world civilization. Students with previous studies in Armenian should consult an advisor for advanced placement and course selections to complete the minor.
Students must possess elementary competency in Armenian equivalent to ARMN 102 prior to enrolling in coursework at the 200-level or above. The total number of units in the minor is a minimum of 18. Depending on the student’s existing language competency, a total of 24 units may be required. Students should consult with the undergraduate advisor regarding demonstration of existing language competency.
1. Language and Linguistics (6 units)
- ARMN 201 Intermediate Armenian I (3)
- ARMN 202 Intermediate Armenian II (3)
2. Civilization and Culture (12 units)
- ARMN 310 Armenian Culture (3)
- ARMN 315 Masterpieces of Armenian Literature (3)
- ARMN 380 Contemporary Issues in Armenia and the Diaspora (3)
or ARMN 360 Changing Roles of Armenian Women (3)
- ARMN 440 Armenian American Child (3)