- Jewish on Their Own Terms: How Intermarried Couples are Changing American Judaism. Rutgers University Press, 2013.
- "Reaching Out to the Fringe": Insiders, Outsiders, and the Morality of Social Science. Journal of Jewish Identities 2015, 8:1
- View Website:
- View Academic Profile:
- “Hyperread: Repurposing Children’s Literature and Digital Storytelling. Postmodern Reinterpretations of Fairy Tales. How Applying New Methods Generates New Meanings. Ed. Anna Kérchy. The Edwin Mellen Press, 2011.
- Frontiers in Children’s Literature Illustrations. From Picture Books to New Media. Co-author and Editor with Linda Salem, Children’s Literature specialist and Associate Librarian, San Diego State University. (2016) An edited selection of scholarly essays with an introductory essay of original research.
- “The Youngest Remnant,” in K. Darian-Smith, Childhood, Culture, and Heritage. Valentine-Mitchell, 2013.
- “The Myth of Silence: Survivors Tell a Different Story,” in Sundquist, Eric and Cesarani, David, After the Holocaust: Challenging the Myth of Silence. Routledge, 2012.
- "Kabbalah in the Modern Era," in The Cambridge History of Judaism, Volume Eight: The Modern World, 1815-2000. Eds. Mitchell B. Hart and Tony Michels. Cambridge University Press, 2017.
- "Purity, Charity, Community: The Power of Kashrut in an Orthodox Jewish Neighborhood," in Reconstructing Jewish Identity in Pre- and Post-Holocaust Literature and Culture. Ed. Lycyna Aleksandrowica-Pedich and Malgorzata Pakier. Peter Lang, 2012.
- “Jewish Service-Learning Partnerships between Hillel and the Public University: A Case Study,” co-authored with Renée Cohen Goodwin, Journal of Jewish Communal Service, Vol. 87 (Winter/Spring 2012).