Chicana/o Studies Department Scholarships
The Department of Chicana/o Studies (CHS) has scholarship applications on an annual basis. Scholarship amounts and number of awards vary year to year. Applications are available during the Spring semester and scholarships are awarded for the Fall semester. Scholarship applications are available via the Financial & Scholarships Department's Academic Works website: https://csun.academicworks.com/. Links to the scholarships are listed below.
You can create your profile at any time and access FAQs once you log in.
Application window now open. Scholarship Applications must be submitted by May 8, 2022.
MEChA / Chicana/o Studies Scholarship
This scholarship is open for CHS Undergraduate Students AND/OR active MEChA members that will be enrolling in (at least) 3 units in Fall 2022.
Operation Chicano Teacher (OCT) Scholarship
Open to Juniors/Seniors that have:
* Declared a major or minor in Liberals Studies, Chicana/o Studies, or Chicana/o Studies Social Science Subject Matter Option,
* OR Must have completed a minimum of 15 units in Chicana/o Studies,
* OR Must have enrolled in a teacher preparation/education program through the Liberals Studies Program, or through the Michael D. Eisner College of Education
* Students should be enrolling in (at least) 3 units in Fall 2022.
Chicana/o Studies Graduate Students Scholarship
* Enrolled (or recently admitted) Master’s students in the Chicana/o Studies Master’s program
* Good academic standing with a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Must have a current FAFSA or a California Dream Act Application on file for the following academic year
* Current CV of no more than 2 pages
* Application Essay (500 word maximum)