Chicana/o Studies offers students multiple options: Single Major, Double Major, Minor, the Social Science Subject Matter Program (SSSM), and a Master's of Arts degree. For details on each program, please click on the corresponding box below.
Chicana/o Studies Program Objectives
- Demonstrate an ability to think critically, analytically, and creatively about the Chicana/o experience in the local and global society.
- Demonstrate competency in oral communication, written communication, and research skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of creative and performance arts.
- Acquire a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Chicana/o history, culture, arts, language, and sociopolitical issues.
- Acquire the leadership skills that will promote social change in Chicana/o communities and broader society.