HIRI Nonprofit Research Fellowships, College of Social & Behavioral Sciences, California State University Northridge
- Professor Moshoula Capous-Desyllas “Identifying Non-Profit Organizations in Los Angeles, CA That Are Engaged in Arts-Based Approaches to Social Work Practice for Addressing Mental Health Challenges in BIPOC Communities”
- Professor Mintesnot Woldeamanuel “Coping with the Emotional and Economic Challenges of Covid-19: The Role of Religious Organizations as Cultural Agents”
- Professor Kimberly Kirner “DEI and the Government Grant-Making Process”
- Professors Alana M. Rader, Edward Jackiewicz “The Capacity of a San Fernando Valley NGO to Address Double Exposure to Socio-ecological Injustice through Higher Education”
- Professor Eric Gamino “Reaching for the Stars: An Examination of a Nonprofit Police-Youth Program in Hollywood”
- Professor Suzanne Scheld “Non-Profit Cultural Organization Network of the San Fernando Valley (NPCON)”
- Professor Wendy Ashley “Exploring the Utilization of an All-Staff Training Model to Address COVID-19 and Racial Tension”
- Professor Wintesnot Woldeamanuel “Faith Based Organizations and Mental Wellness During COVID-19"
- Professor Suzanne Scheld “Stepping Toward Forming a Coalition for Small Non-Profit Cultural Organizations in the San Fernando Valley.”
- Professor Allen Lipscomb "Exploring the Utilization of Anti-Racist Practices Within Nonprofit Organizations Serving African American Clients"
- Professor Wendy Ashley "Study of Transformative Supervision Tools"
- Professor. Moshoula Capous-Desyllas "Tensions, Challenges & Lessons Learned: Unpacking Ethical Dilemmas of Data Collection and Data Dissemination in Evaluation Research with Nonprofit Organizations"
- Professor Suzanne Scheld "Exploring Archival Activism with Nonprofit Cultural Institutions in the San Fernando Valley"
- Professor Lauren Willner, "Examining the Structural Barriers to Effective Service Provision Within Nonprofit Organizations Serving the Homeless: A Community-Based Participatory Research Project"
- Professor Mintesnot Woldeamanuel, "The Role of Nonprofit Organizations in the Expansion of All-inclusive Transportation in Los Angeles"
- Professor Jodi Brown "Nonprofit Survival Strategies in Times of Political Uncertainty: 2016-2019"
- Professor.Luciana Lagana, "A Randomized Controlled Study on the Anti-Bias Value of an Educational Film Featuring Differently Abled Individuals and Related Nonprofit Work"
- Professor Allen Lipscomb, "Exploring the Role of Mentorship in Nonprofit Organizations in the San Fernando Valley to Support and Retain African American Male Social Workers"
- Professor Lauren Willner, "Navigating Managerialism: The Experiences of Middle Managers in Social Justice Nonprofit Organizations"
- Professor Alejandra Acuna, “Assessing and Promoting Professional Resilience among Nonprofit Staff”
- Professor Kimberly Kirner, “Improving the Organizational Network for Older Foster Youth in Los Angeles County”
- Professor Zeynep Toker, “The Role of Nonprofit Organizations in Offering Physical Activity Related Programs Addressing Health Disparities in the San Fernando Valley”
- Professor Lauren Willner, “Understanding the Role of Managerialism in Social Justice Nonprofit Organizations: Threats, Challenges, and Opportunities”
- Professor Moshoula Capous-Desyllas, “Using Photovoice Methodology to Assess the Needs and Services of Nonprofit Organizations: Strengths and Limitations of Using this Arts-based Research Method as an Evaluation Tool”
- Professor Cedric Hackett, DuBois-Hamer Institute for Academic Achievement, “Study of San Fernando Valley Nonprofit Services to Black Women”
- Professor Luciana Lagana, Department of Psychology, “Study of Impact of a Film on Older Multiethnic LGBTQ Individuals and Nonprofits Serving Them”
- Professor Jodi Constantine Brown, “Fight, Flight, or Freeze? Nonprofit Survival Strategies in Times of Uncertainty”
- Professor Craig Olwert, Urban Studies and Planning and Danielle Bram, Center for Geographical Studies, “Study of Valley Nonprofit Needs Including Geo-mapping Technology”
- Professor David Boyns, Sociology, “Study of Partnerships Among Valley Nonprofits”
- Professor Alessandro Rigolon, Urban Studies and Planning, “Study of Valley Nonprofits and Green Space Inequities”
- Professor Luciana Lugana, Psychology, “Study of Impact of a Video on Attitudes Regarding Homeless Healthcare Nonprofits”
- Professor Moshoula Capous-Desyllas Sociology Department, “Using Visual Mapping Methodology to Understand Barriers and Access to Services of Nonprofit Organizations in Los Angeles”
- Professor Victor Shaw, Sociology Department, “Chinese Philanthropy and Nonprofit Organizations in the United States”
- Professor Craig Olwert, Urban Studies and Planning & Danielle Bram/Patricia Pendleton, Center for Geographical Studies, “Feasibility Study on Providing Geographic Information Science Services to Nonprofits”
- Professor Jodi Constantine Brown, Department of Social Work, “Social Work Perspectives of Nonprofit Agency Research Capacity and Culture”
- Professor Victor Shaw, Sociology Department, “Study of Philanthropy in China”
- Professor Cedric Hackett, DuBois-Hamer Institute for Academic Achievement, “Study of San Fernando Valley Nonprofit Services to Black Men and Youth”