This session is offered by CSU Bakersfield, participating with Northridge in a CSU System-Wide Professional & Personal Development Cross Campus Collaboration program.
Colleagues attending this session may hail from the Chancellor’s Office, Channel Islands, Chico, East Bay, Fresno, Humboldt, Long Beach, Monterey Bay, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Francisco, San Luis Obispo, and Stanislaus.
This session will cover the following topics:
- The Communication Model – We’ll look at a communication model that explains what happens when we communicate and key elements that we need to be aware of. This will help us see where the communication breakdowns happen.
- Personal Communication Styles – We’ll take a look and asses your communication style and explore how we can use the information we’ve learned to better communicate with others.
- Listening & Non-Verbal Communication – We’ll take a closer look at these often discussed skills and review how they can help us overcome some common communication challenges.
Meeting ID: 816 0519 4905
Faculty & Staff – To register for this Workshop/Session:
- When ready, select the CSU Learn button below.
- Log into with your myNorthridge Portal credentials.
- Select the “Register” button.
- Click on the bullet next to the CSUN HR icon, and select “Submit” to enroll in this session.
If you require an accommodation to attend this program, please contact Human Resources at x5168 at least seven business days in advance of the program.
Withdraw from Session: If you need to cancel your registration, select the “Self” icon in CSU Learn. Select “Learning,” then “Registrations.” Select the box next to the session you need to cancel, and select “Cancel Registration.” In the next window, select “Confirm Cancellation.”
Return to CSUN's Professional & Personal Development Training Calendar at: http://www.csun.edu/development/training.