The Office of Human Resources is committed to the goal of bringing the campus together as a community. HR staff participated in various campus events and committees, produced the HR News, and contributed to the CSUN Weekly publication.
CSUN Shine From Within
Developed as part of the university priority that focuses on employee success, the CSUN Shine from Within Program continued for the second year. The cross-divisional development program aims to help selected staff develop core competencies, develop a sense of connection and community with other units across campus, broaden understanding and knowledge about the university and other divisions, and invest participants more deeply in the mission of the university and its planning priorities.
The 2015-2016 CSUN Shine From Within Cohort included:
- Pankaj Bedekar, Director of Information Systems and Services, Tseng College
- Noreen Galvin, Dean's Assistant, College of Humanities
- Gabriele Gonzales, Room Reservations Coordinator, Academic Resources and Planning
- Pushpa Gouder, Interim IT Systems Lead, Information Technology
- Julie Hunter, Catalog Editor, Office of Undergraduate Studies
- Marianne Link, Assistant Director of Health Promotion, Klotz Student Health Center
- Amy Louff, Dean's Assistant, David Nazarian College of Business and Economics
- James Macaluso, Associate Director, National Center on Deafness
- Patricia Marquez, Assistant Director Foreign Student Advisement, International and Exchange Student Center
- Robyn McKibbon, Recruiter, Human Resources
- Anu Nagarajan, Senior Analyst - HR, IT Business Consulting Services, Information Technology
- Bridget Sullivan, Alumni Chapter Coordinator, University Advancement
- Liz Vigliotto, Administrative Analyst Specialist, Physical Plant Management
Partnering with Marketing and Communications, Human Resources encouraged employees to engage in HR and university sponsored events by weekly providing events for the "Focus on Faculty and Staff" section of CSUN Weekly. During 2015-2016 HR contributed more than 60 workshops, events, or items of interest to CSUN Weekly.
In the 2015-2016 year, the HR News format was changed from a narrative driven publication based on HR unit news to an “Information That You Need” driven publication based on HR Updates, Campus Updates, and Professional Development and Training for the month.
HR Campus Community Participation
CSUN's HR staff proudly contribute to the campus community through volunteering and participating in events throughout campus. The following provides a snapshot of our staff's engagement throughout 2015-2016.