Submitting the 2023-2024 Family Housing Application
Things to know before you apply:
- Family Housing Eligibility: The Village Apartments (Family Housing) are available to:
- Current CSUN students are continuously enrolled in 12 or more undergraduate or 8 graduate units.
- Students who are married and/or have legal custody of dependent children.
- Student Housing Portal login: To apply for Student Housing you must have a CSUN Portal account.
- Available housing options: Review your housing options to make sure you select the option that will suit you best. To check out our rates, eligibility requirements, and room options, visit Family Housing.
- When to apply: Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited and fills up fast, so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Housing applications may be submitted prior to being accepted to CSUN.
- Know the rules: Take a look through the Student Housing Rules and Regulations before submitting your application.
- COVID-19 vaccinations and testing: In accordance with the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, vaccinations against COVID-19 are strongly recommended, but no longer required. Additionally, starting the summer 2023 semester, Student Housing residents will no longer be required to provide COVID-19 testing prior to move-in.
After you submit your application
- Waitlist: Once your application is completed, you will be placed on an automatic waitlist.
- Eligibility verification: You will be asked via email to submit documents to verify your eligibility to live in family housing.
- Space availability: Once your eligibility is confirmed, you will be notified of space availability based on your preferred move-in date.
- Cancellations: If you no longer plan to live in Student Housing or have decided to attend another university, you can submit a cancellation form in the StarRez Student Housing Portal. In the Forms link, select Village Apartments Family 2023-2024 and complete the Request for Release Before Move-In form.