Submitting the 2023-2024 Application
Things to know before you apply:
- Student Housing Portal login: To apply for Student Housing you must have a CSUN Portal account.
- Application fee: There is a $50 housing application fee and a $50 meal plan application fee (if applicable)
- Available housing options: Review your housing options to make sure you select the option that will suit you best. To check out our rates, eligibility requirements, and room options, visit suites, available to freshmen and sophomores, and apartments, available to freshmen, transfer, and continuing students. Student Housing also offers multiple Learning Communities that connect students with similar academic interests, majors, lifestyles, or passions.
- When to apply: Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited and fills up fast, so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Housing applications may be submitted prior to being accepted to CSUN.
- Meal plan requirement: Students living in the suites and apartments without kitchens are required to purchase a 10, 12, or All-Access meal plan during the application process.
- Know the rules: Take a look through the Student Housing Rules and Regulations before submitting your application.
- Gender-neutral housing: Student housing offers gender-neutral housing to all students. Gender Inclusive Housing is designed for LGBTQIA+ students and their allies who do not feel comfortable expressing their identity in a traditional same-gender housing space. If you have questions about gender-inclusive housing, please email Residential Life at email@example.com.
- COVID-19 vaccinations and testing: In accordance with the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, vaccinations against COVID-19 are strongly recommended, but no longer required. Additionally, starting the summer 2023 semester, Student Housing residents will no longer be required to provide COVID-19 testing prior to move-in.
- Cancellations: If you no longer plan to live in Student Housing or have decided to attend another university, you can submit a cancellation form in the StarRez Student Housing Portal. In the “Forms” link, select Academic Year 2023-2024 and complete the Request for Release Before Move-In form.