Student Housing – Spring 2022
Message from CSUN Student Housing and Residential Life Director
As we start the Spring 2022 semester, I would like to welcome you all to CSUN Student Housing. The Student Housing staff are excited to have you join our community and are committed to creating a living environment that fosters a strong sense of inclusion and belonging for every Matador calling Student Housing their home.
This site will serve as the hub for all things Spring 2022 within Student Housing. Here you will be able to find information, resources and support you will need to help you make this semester a success.
Now more than ever our team is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy residential experience where students can focus on their academic success while implementing necessary protocols to help minimize the spread of Covid-19. Although we made changes to some of our policies to keep our residents and staff safe, Student Housing will continue to provide the high level of support and resources that have become the foundation of our community.
It is important to remember that you are not in this alone and that the Student Housing team is committed to support every Matador in reaching their academic and personal goals.
Success Lives Here!
Director, Student Housing and Residential Life
Spring 2022 MOVE-IN
Before move-in day
- Visit your Student Housing Portal to confirm your room assignment, move-in date, time, location, and unloading information.
- To alleviate parking congestion, please plan to arrive during your appointed time.
- Check your CSUN email frequently for information and updates.
- Residents in suites and apartments without kitchens – make sure your meal plan application is complete. You don’t want to miss any meals!
- Residents in units with kitchens – even though you aren’t required to have a meal plan, several options are available. It’s convenient and the food is great!
- Don’t forget your ID! A picture ID is required in order to move in. Your CSUN ID is the preferred ID; however a passport, driver’s license or state ID card will be accepted.
- If you are bringing a car to campus, we suggest you purchase your resident parking permit at MYCSUN before you arrive.
- Parking is limited on move-in day. Large moving trucks/trailers will not be accommodated during move-in hours. Please plan to arrive in a standard pick-up truck, car or van.
- Do you need to ship items to your new apartment or suite? Mail Services starts accepting packages beginning one week prior to your move-in date. Please look up your box number in your Student Housing Portal and send all packages and mail to: [your name] Student Housing 17950 Lassen Street, Box # ____ Northridge, CA 91325
- Follow Student Housing on Facebook and Instagram (@CSUNStudentHousing) to receive up-to-date information. You can also follow Matador Eats on Facebook and Instagram (@matadoreats) for latest news, promotions and events.
On move-in day
- Arrive at your scheduled move-in day and time to pick up your key.
- Unload your car. Remember, it’s likely to be hot! Wear sunscreen and drink lots of water!
- Pick-up your Meal Plan card or sign up for a Meal Plan at G-Mo’s (Friday & Saturday from 10am-5pm)
- HAVE FUN!
- Share your excitement on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram by tagging your posts and photos with #homeatcsunSH
The Student Housing Handbook is your go-to place for general Housing information and procedures as well as the COVID-19 related information. It provides our community with rules, regulations and conduct guidelines that help create a safe, healthy and respectful living environment for all residents.
Maintenance and Custodial Services
Student Housing is happy to assist you in maintaining your living space. Our online ticket system makes it easy to request maintenance and repair services when toilets get clogged or Housing provided appliances break. You can find more information and submit a ticket via the button below.
Housing Mail Services
Student Housing Mail Services mission is to provide quality mail services to Housing residents and the campus community. Our team is committed to offering excellent customer service, along with efficient mail processing procedures to ensure proper handling of printed and packaged materials.
Student Housing Technology Services
Student Housing Technology Services supports residents' educational goals by ensuring access to reliable Wi-Fi and cable, the computer lab, printing stations, entertainment equipment and knowledgeable, friendly, and responsive technical support.
Virtual and Socially Distanced Events
Although Student Housing had to limit the face-to-face events and activities, our team has spent the summer planning new safe and creative ways to bring you opportunities to remain engaged, socially and academically. We are committed to providing our residents with a fun and memorable semester.
In our new, mostly virtual world, there are still many ways you can get involved on campus that will enhance your college experience. Student Housing is home to a number of student organizations that offer an array of leadership and opportunities from student advocacy to event planning.
In an effort to keep our staff and residents safe, our tutoring services at The Spot has been moved online. Residents are now able to meet with Resident Mentors during their online office hours or schedule a tutoring appointments via Zoom.
Contact Student Housing
Student Housing is made up of student and professional staff members who are ready to assist you and contribute to your success here at CSUN. Every building has Resident Mentors (RM) and Community Directors (CD) who will serve as a valuable resource during the academic year.