University Park and Suites Vacating Instructions
As a reminder, your license agreement ends on Saturday, May 21, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. and all residents must be moved out by this date and time unless you are approved for an extension and/or planning to live here in the summer.
Below are instructions to help guide you through the move-out process.
Moving out by Saturday, May 21, 2022 1:00 p.m.
Please follow the check-out instructions below:
- Step One: Clean your apartment. Take out the trash and recycling. Empty the fridge and pantry of any perishable items. You will be billed for cleaning/repair of your unit and for leaving any items behind. Wall items that peel off with damage will also be billed for repair.
- Step Two: Contact companies with whom you have contracted for services and have your service moved or terminated. If you fail to do this, your service may be active while summer residents are present. Businesses will hold you responsible for these charges…so make sure you take care of your accounts!
- Step Three: Secure your unit. Make sure to lock all doors and windows. Turn your thermostat off and turn off all lights.
- Step Four: When you are ready to leave, check your mailbox, remove any mail and update your address in SOLAR so that your mail can be forwarded to you.
- Step Five: Complete the Online Express Checkout Form in the StarRez Student Housing Portal. This form is important because it will confirm that you have moved out of your room and we can go in and inspect and clean. You do not need to turn in your key (you may keep it as a souvenir, if you wish), HOWEVER, all keys expire at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 21, 2022. You will not be let back into your room after you key expires.
Keep in mind, moving out earlier than May 21 will not result in pro-rated charges. When you are ready to move out, log into the StarRez Student Housing Portal and complete the Express Checkout via the instructions below.
Express Checkout Instructions
- Step 1. Log into the StarRez Student Housing Portal at www.csun.edu/housing
- Step 2. Go to the Student Login Link
- Step 3. In the red menu bar, go to the Express Checkout link.
- Step 4. Read through the checkout check list, then sign and submit the form. You may also upload a photo(s) of your room and common shared areas to confirm no items were left behind and your unit has been cleaned.
You will receive an automated email confirming your express checkout has been complete. Don't forget to update your forwarding address while you are in the housing portal and have a wonderful summer break!
University Village Apartments Vacating Instructions
Clean your apartment thoroughly and be sure no trash or personal belongings are left behind inside your apartment, outside on your patio or balcony area and the common areas of the University Village Apartments complex.
Refer to your license agreement section IV.A. Maintenance of Premises. Excluding normal wear and tear, additional charges shall be assessed to Licensee for extraordinary cleaning or damages.
Notify the following utility companies that you will be leaving the University Village Apartments and will need to disconnect service. Be sure your final bill is forwarded to your new address.
- Gas Company - (800) 427-2200 - disconnect notice must be submitted before check out.
- Department of Water and Power (800) 342-5397- disconnect notice must be submitted before check out.
- Time Warner/Spectrum (888) 892-2253 - If you have additional package TV channels, internet and/or home phone service, you will need to disconnect your service.
Update your address in your myNorthridge portal in order to receive any refunds that are due to you. Additionally, you will need to set up your mail forwarding by going to the Student Housing Portal and click on the link called "Setup a Forwarding Address." If Student Housing receives your mail after you vacate and no forwarding address is on file; all mail received, including packages, will be returned to sender until a forwarding address is set up. If you have any questions regarding this please contact the Mail room at (818) 677-2686.
Return your key card(s) and mail key(s) to the Student Housing Office during normal business hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If you are scheduled to move out on a weekend or holiday and are unable to drop off your keys on the next business day, you will need to contact the Student Housing Office at (818) 677-2160 to make arrangements to turn in your keys. Otherwise, your keys must be returned by the next business day following your check out and cancellation date to avoid being charged $25 for each key and $100 improper checkout to your account. Your account will not be adjusted until your keys are returned. Plan your move accordingly!!
If you have a gate opener you will need to return this to the Parking Services Window at the Department of Police Services located on Darby Ave. and Prairie St. and request the return of your $25 deposit. Upon leaving your apartment make sure all windows in your apartment are locked tight; all lights; water; gas and AC are turned off and your door is shut tight.
Upon the inspection of your unit by Operations, your security deposit will be refunded to you. However, any remaining balance on our University Student Account or assessed maintenance charges will be deducted from your security deposit before being refunded. Lastly, please check your student account for any adjustments that may be made.