Conference FAQs

Office Location and Staff Information

24 Hour Customer ServiceWhere is the Conference Services office?

The Conference Services Office is located in Pacific Willow Hall, building 6.  Academic year office hours are Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and summer office hours are seven days a week from 9 a.m. -  7 p.m.

How can I contact the summer Conference Services staff?

Our staff is available to help you during the day from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. at (818) 677-4986. If there are any emergencies after office hours, please contact our duty phone at (818) 439-9973.

Who is in charge of my conference stay?

You will have a Conference Assistant assigned to your group who will personally oversee your event and manage any needs that arise. They will check with your conference planner daily to ensure your event is running smoothly.

Check In, Extended Stay, Mail and Packages

How do I get housing for the night before and after my conference?

If space is available, you may extend your stay. Call the Conference Services office at (818) 677- 4986 and make a reservation for your extended stay.

Can I check in early or late?

In most cases, arriving early or staying late is possible. Call the Conference Services office to make these arrangements.

When do I get a card key?

You will be given your room card key upon check in. Keys not returned at checkout will be deemed lost. The replacement cost is $25, which is payable to CSUN Student Housing.

Where does my card key work?

The key issued to all conference guests at check-in works on the front doors to the building in which you are staying (locked 24 hours a day), the door to your suite, and the pool.

Mail services onsiteHow do I get mail and/or packages delivered to me?

To receive mail or packages, you will need to use the following address:

[Conference Group Name]
[Participant's first and last name]
17950 Lassen St. Northridge, CA 91325-8286

The Conference Office will coordinate your mail pickup. Mail will be returned to sender if the conference group name is not included on the envelope or package.


Accommodations and Suite Amenities

Are there disability accommodations?

Please make your Conference Assistant aware of any special needs your group may have. We will work to ensure that all accessibility issues are addressed. Please allow us adequate time to make the proper arrangements.

Are the residence halls air-conditioned?

Yes, all buildings on the campus are air-conditioned.

AccommodationTelevision RentalsWhat amenities and furniture are in the residential suites?

The living room has a couch, two chairs, a coffee table and an end table with a lamp. The kitchen has a refrigerator, stove and oven. There are two bedrooms with four twin beds, dressers and desks. There is a bathroom with two sinks and a shower and tub combo. Each apartment has Internet and television hook ups. Televisions, microwaves, coffee makers, pots and dishes can be rented for a small fee in the Conference Services office. However, there is limited inventory. Buildings 12, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20 and 21 do not include kitchens and appliances.

Linen ExchangeWhat is included in a linen packet?

Linen packets include two flat sheets, a blanket, a pillow, a pillowcase, two towels and a washcloth. Linen packets are folded and placed at the foot of the bed. Arrangements for linen must be made prior to arrival. Toilet paper, plastic cups and soap are provided to every conference group.

WiFiIs Internet service available?

There are Ethernet connections in each apartment and wireless Internet is provided at no cost inside and outside all buildings in the University Park complex.

Does my suite have a telephone?

The suites do not include landline telephones. There are payphones outside of Pacific Willow Hall building 6.

Additional Amenities

Filtered Water StationsIs clean water available?

Yes, there are filtered water stations are available in Building 18, 21, and in Geronimo’s.

Open grass areasSwimming PoolsOutdoor SpacesAre recreational facilities available?

The Student Recreation Center (SRC) is a fitness center that includes a rock climbing wall, an indoor track, a pool and various sports courts within their facilities. They charge a daily fee for use of their facilities. For more information about the SRC, call  (818) 677-5434.

CSUN Housing has two swimming pools, a game room, and sports courts that are free to use. The shallow pool is located between Saguara Hall building 12 and Heather Hall building 13. The deep pool is located next to building 3. If you plan on using the pool, you may want to bring an extra towel. The Game room is located in building 18 next to the Freudian Sip. The Game Room has pool tables, ping pong, and televisions where participants can watch movies or play video games. A sand volleyball court and a basketball court are located next to Lupin Hall building 11.

Laundry FacilitiesAre laundry rooms available?

Washers and dryers are available on the first floor of each building. The cost is $1.50 to wash and $1.00 to dry. The machines take most major debit/credit cards. Prepaid debit cards can be purchased at a local grocery store.

What amenities can be checked out from the Conference Services office?

Vacuums can be checked out from the Conference Services office at no charge with picture ID. There is limited inventory of these amenities and they are checked out on a first come, first serve basis.

Meeting and Study Rooms

Group Meeting SpacesAre there meeting rooms within the housing complex?

There is a 158-seat auditorium located in the student housing complex. There are also multiple classrooms and common rooms available for use in the residence halls that seat up to 30 students with equipment to accommodate PowerPoint presentations.

Study RoomsAre study rooms available?

There are study rooms in most of the buildings. If you would like to know in advance if there is a study room in your building, please ask your conference assistant.

Are additional facilities available on campus?

On the main campus, there is a wide range of auditoriums and classrooms. Visit University Licensing for information on the campus facilities and their price list, or to make a reservation.

Please note that Conference Services cannot make the reservation for your group. The main campus has to be contacted directly.


  • Geronimos What dining options are available in the housing complex?
    • Geronimo’s and Bamboo Terrace - The housing complex offers two all-you-care-to-eat dining halls.
      • Geronimo’s menu includes a variety of entrees and sides to ensure a balanced dining experience. Daily menu items include a variety of proteins, seasonal vegetables, starches, deli sandwiches, burgers, pizza, pasta, Mexican food, a salad bar, and sweet treats. 
      • Bamboo Terrace at Geronimo’s features Pan-Asian fare from the various regions of Asia.  Each week Bamboo Terrace features different kinds of regional fare including items like Vietnamese pho, Korean kalbi (short ribs), Chicken Tikka, Vegetable Samosa, Pad Thai and Thai curries. The daily menu always includes popular dishes like Chow Mein noodles, orange chicken, bao and eggrolls.
    • Matador Mercado – A classic convenience store, the Matador Mercado is available for picking up snacks, drinks, prepared sandwiches and more.  The Mercado is located next to Building 9, Pinon Hall.
  • What dining options are available on the main campus?
    • There are many dining locations located on the main campus, offering a variety of food selections.
    • The University Student Union is home to a SubwayFreudian Sip coffeehouse, and The Pub Sports Grill. The Pub Sports Grill’s menu includes finger foods, burgers, sandwiches, salads, pasta, wraps, and tacos. The Pub also serves breakfast daily.
    • The Sierra Center houses another Freudian Sip coffeehouse, Matador Mercado, and a food court called The Marketplace.  The Marketplace offers a classic food court experience with food options ranging from deli sandwiches, burgers, pizza, pasta, Mexican food, teriyaki bowls, poke to ramen. There is also a salad bar filled with fresh greens, vegetables and everything you need to create your favorite salad. The Marketplace also serves breakfast daily.
    • At the Arbor Court there is the Arbor Grill and Convenience Store, serving a range of options from customizable salads, baked potatoes, hot and classic sandwiches, burgers, pizza, and a daily entrée with sides. The Arbor Grill also serves breakfast daily.  There is also a Freudian Sip coffeehouse.
    • The Campus Store Complex houses the Matador Food Court where you can find a Burger KingEl Pollo LocoPanda Express, and a Juice it Up.  You can also find a Freudian Sip coffeehouse in the CSUN Campus Store.
    • The Orchard Conference Center and Catering, located near the northwest corner of Nordhoff Street and Zelzah Avenue, offers fine dining on weekdays from 11am-2pm as well as full service catering.
  • If my conference group purchases dining for me, what will I need?
    • If your conference has purchased dining, you will be given dining cards at the time of check in that you will show to the cashier when you dine. The Conference Services office will let you know how your group's dining will be handled at the time of check in.
  • Can I buy meals if my conference didn't purchase them through Conference Services?
    • Meals can be purchased at all campus eateries with cash, debit or credit card.

Transportation and Parking

Is transportation available from the airport to the university?

SuperShuttle provides transportation from LAX and Burbank airports directly to the university. Contact SuperShuttle at (818) 558-3177. Another choice is the Van Nuys Flyaway bus, which picks passengers up at the airport terminals and takes you to 7610 Woodley Ave. in Van Nuys. Contact Van Nuys Flyaway at (866) 435-9529. From there, you can travel by cab to the university. Uber and Lyft are also ways to obtain transportation.

This information is provided solely as a courtesy and does not connote an endorsement of any kind by the university.

Metro BusUber / LyftHow do I access public transportation?

Please contact the Conference Services office at (818)677-4986 for assistance with public transportation information.

Parking OnsiteWhere can I purchase a parking permit and where do I park?

Parking permits can be purchased from the automated dispenser in the G9 parking structure located in housing, or from any parking booth attendant on the main campus. If you purchase your permit from the G9 dispenser, you can buy up to three days at a time with cash or credit card. Parking permits are $8 per day and expire at midnight on the final valid day. Guests can park in any authorized campus parking lot with a parking permit.

Off-Campus Attractions and Businesses

Sight seeingWhere can I find different attractions, restaurants, banks, etc. in the area?

The Conference Services Guest Guide includes all of this information and much more. Guest guides are given to all conference directors during check in. If you would like one prior to your arrival, please call us at (818) 677-4986 and it can be emailed to you.

Emergencies and Lock Outs

Who do I call in the event of an emergency?

In the event of an emergency, call the Department of Police Services at (818) 677-2111 or 911 directly. There is a fire station located on the corner of Reseda Boulevard and Lassen Street.

Where is the nearest hospital to CSUN?

The nearest hospital to CSUN is Northridge Hospital Medical Center located on 18300 Roscoe Blvd. Northridge, CA 91328. The hospital’s phone number is (818) 885-8500. More information about hospitals and pharmacies in the Northridge area can be obtained in the Conference Services office.

What do I do if I am locked out of my suite?

If you are locked out of your suite during the hours of 8am to 8pm, you can walk to the Conference Services office or call (818) 677-4986 and a conference assistant will meet you at your apartment to unlock the door. If you are locked out between the hours of 8pm to 8am, you will need to call the duty phone at (818) 439-9973 and a staff member will unlock your door. Please be prepared to show a picture ID.

Maintenance and cleaning

What if my room needs maintenance?

You can stop by or call the Conference Services office directly at (818) 677-4986 and a conference employee will complete a maintenance request for you.

Is cleaning service available?

Cleaning services must be pre-arranged at the time a conference group signs their license agreement.  If linen is provided and an exchange of linen is requested, go to the Conference Services office to pick up your new linen packet and drop off dirty linens on the day of the exchange.

Eligible occupants, guests and pets

Who is eligible to use campus summer housing?

Individuals attending educational conferences, workshops, seminars, classes or anyone who is visiting the campus for university business are eligible for summer housing.

Can I bring a guest?

All guests must be registered and paid as part of the conference group.

Can I bring a pet?

Other than those required for accessibility assistance, pets are not permitted in the interest of safety and sanitation.

Smoking, alcohol and quiet hour policies

Smoke Free CampusCan I smoke in my apartment?

CSUN is a smoke-free campus. Due to California State University, Northridge policy, smoking is prohibited in all of our buildings, residential rooms and hallways, restrooms, lounges, stairs, balconies, volleyball court, basketball courts, pool areas and all other outdoor public areas.  This includes the use of smoking devices such as hookah pipes, e-cigarettes and vapor cigarettes.

What is the alcohol policy?

Conference guests who are under the age of 21 are not permitted to use, possess or be in the presence of alcohol. A guest of the legal drinking age may possess and consume alcohol in his or her unit with the apartment door closed as long as he or she is not in the presence of anyone under 21 years of age. Open containers of alcohol are not permitted in any public areas. This would include lounges, lobbies, balconies, etc. Closed containers of alcohol are allowed in public areas only if they are being transported to the unit of a legal age guest.

What time are quiet hours and courtesy hours?

Quiet and courtesy hours are every day from 10pm - 8am. During quiet hours, all guests under 18 must be inside their buildings and keep noise at a very minimal level inside and outside residential and community buildings.

What are regulations for conference guest conduct at housing?

Visit the Regulations Conference Guest for information on policies regarding smoking, use of alcohol and other questions you may have about residing in the CSUN Residence Halls.

Event Signage

How do I obtain conference welcome signs?

If desired, the conference assistant assigned to your group will make welcome signs and participant door tags prior to your arrival.

Can I hang my own signs?

All signs and use of tape must be approved prior to display on campus. Painter's tape is the only authorized adhesive allowed on walls in campus facilities. Please work with your conference assistant for help.

Seasonal Issues

When does conference season begin and end?

Conference housing will be available from June 1 through mid-August.

Warm summer temperaturesWhat is the summer like in Northridge?

The average summer temperatures are 89 F in June, 95 F in July, and 96 F in August. Water should be provided to conference participants during their stay as dehydration can occur rapidly in the heat.

Please contact the Conference Services office at (818) 677-4986 if you have additional questions that are not covered.